Speaker Movment?

russ2far

New here so be nice to me please. I am looking at E-Callers and one thing I haven't found is a remote controlled moveable speaker. Seems to me when a rabbit, fawn, chicken or whatever is in distress that it'd head would be moving as it screams and squeals, causing the sounds it makes to come from different directions. When I was taught as a kid using mouth and hand calls it was stressed to me to make the call point at different angles when Blowing or scratching them. I've found E-Callers that you can adjust the speaker direction on but then they stay stationary. I would think something with a slow wobble movement device to move the speaker would make a E-Caller even more realistic. Have I just not looked hard enough, does someone make one and I haven't found it yet. Let me know if you have seen or heard of a E-Call with this feature.

I haven't seen one anywhere, but you can achieve that effect with a stereo sound and two speakers placed several feet apart, especially if you edit the sound yourself with a program like Goldwave. It is very realistic when you have two speakers 5 or 6 feet apart, aimed in different directions, using a stereo sound.

Product_263.jpg

The Western Rivers Stalker 360 has independent motorized speaker movement which is remote controllable. Not sure about how effective it is.

Justin,

Thanks for the replies
I am not much of a sound editor, but I do see what you are saying and I agree that with 2 speakers and sound edited to you would achieve a more real life sound. I have seen Western River E-caller in the past, have to admit I haven't looked into them very much, think I will now.

Thanks again
Russell

Back