LightForce Catalogs, Info. On Hunting Lights,Powers,Weights

Hi Heath,

Sent priv. back....It on its way........Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Rick just how long do those lights last at night? I have several different ones now, and they seem do be more pain the useful. They last anywhere between 1-3 hours and then 18 hours to charge.

I need something that can be carried and will help me get through about 8 hours and hold up over the long nights up here.

Thanks,
Todd

Last edited:
Just a suggestion but here in SE Texas we are using a small battery pack / starter w/jumper cables. It is a "MityMite" and weighs 9 lbs and has a cigarette lighter style plug-in on the unit. We bought it at Auto Zone for about $50.00 and we have used it for 4-5 hours continuous with no decrease in power. It does take 24 hours to initially charge and I've left it on the charger for about 8 hours to recharge. My opinion is it would last 8 hours of continuous usage but have yet to try it that long. My spot light is mounted on a light wooden stand that can be set on the top of a pickup, it swivels, put the light on the critter and watch him come in for the shot. We switch off our truck lights when we enter a pasture and use the spotlight for our only light moving along the ranch roads or in the pasture. I've attached a strap and also sling it over my shoulder while sneaking into a place we can not drive into. The battery pack, spotlight, rifle, and gear pack are light enough to carry and is the best system we've come up with to date.

Good hunting,
CharlesB

Hi Yoter,

On the 140/170 Night Hunter packs, it comes with a New Interstate 8 amp battery, takes 7 hours to charge,do not charge longer than 7 hours with car charger and will last all night long using the BPS (battry power saver)that comes on the LightForce battry bag and belt holder.

The BPS allows you to to use the battry for more or less light depending where you are and what you need.......and how you hunt........

If you want to leave it on full on, it would last about 2 1/2 hours............at 430,000 candle watt power

We also carry the 170 RMSM Scope Light, it has the scope light and holder, switched line with a 8 foot power cord w/cigg plug in.............If you wanted to lug a battry cart around or from your truck/car........red lens sold seperatly.......

Having a battey. battry bag/belt with your body carring the weight, with hands free to carry your rifle and able to climb.............

Compared to draging a 10 lb battery jump cart in one hand and your rifle in the other.....gets heavy and old quick...

From Your PM/South Florida LightForce Dealer At:

www.tufflights.com

www.toughlights.com

E-Mail: Rick@tufflights.com

Phone/ordering/info: 954-854-0444

Fax: 954-970-4165

Good Hunting...........Have A Great Day.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Thanks Rick. Might be what I'm looking for. I have a couple more questions about the unit and was just going to email, but I figured some of the others might have some of the same questions.

I think I read it some where but couldn't find it. Whats the difference between the 140 and the 170? Don't laugh at me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

How big is the battery on that thing size /weight.

I cant tell from the picture but does the kit come with both chargers?

Is there an option to buy an extra battery?

And last....whats the average life and durability of the bulbs for those things? Do I replace the bulb every time its bumped or dropped?

Thanks, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Todd

PS Hows the shipping to Alaska?

Hi Yoter,

The differnce between the Night Hunter 140 and the 170 is candle watt power, 140 is 250,000 CWP,170 is 430,000 CWP (same size bulb and burn time)

Both lights have rolling heads from a spot to a flood...

NH 140 for Positive ID is 150 yards w/red lens,300 without

NH 170 for Positive ID is 250 yards w/red lens,500 without

The above ID's/Yards depends on how much Moon light you have

The 140 Scope light/switched cord weighs 1 lb 4 oz

The 170 Scope light/switched cord weighs 1 lb 5 oz

The bulbs are made by Osram and last a long time,there
tough, they have spring loaded bilar-pins even if you were to drop light it gives some shock rest. before breakage.....

Unlike 99% of all other Scope Lights,It re-coils when you shoot your gun, and this (Scope Light) is not going to fall off and hit the ground, unless you drop the Rifle/Shotgun........

The battry is an Interstate 8 Amp, if you go on the web site, I have a picture of this new battry under (power Supplies)..........

If you hit(mouse) any pictures in shop, it will take you to a detailed explaination of that product..........

The battery charger that comes with the pack is 12volt..Its un-regulated (due not charge over 7 hours,will damage battry and void its warrnty)

One of our PM Hunters left his charger on in his truck for over 10 hours last year and fried and bluged his battry, was dead and useless........

We do sell a Electornic fully regulated 110 volt wall charger, you can leave it on for weeks and will not harm battery.........$62.95 (not included in any Packs)

Extra Battrys are $44.95 The battery weighs 5 lbs 6 ozs

All LightForce Scope Lights are Rain resentent, the BPS and in line switch are NOT, The could short out if used in rain storm or left in rain storm..........

If this should happen,make sure you dry out your switches before any attement to use them again..........

The total weight of 170 scope light,switched cord,battery,battery bag w/BPS is (8 lbs) 1 0z less for the 140 set-up when your Hunting in the woods...

All LightForce Light products come with a 1 year warrnty...

(except Bulbs and Bulging/fried Batterys from over charging and Abuse)..........

See Policies Page on web site for all warrnty issues at:

www.tufflights.com

Shipping to Alaska,Canada,HI is done by Priroty Mail:

You tell or order on web site, I pack your order and take it down to the post office and find out how much it is to ship it there,(advise you of cost) you can send me the funds for (shipping) thru Paypal.......or credit card on the phone (total order)...........you will recive you package in 2-3 days..........From time of Mailing.....

Did I leave anything Out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

We do carry Driving Lights also for your Car or Truck...

From Your PM/South Florida LightForce Dealer At:

www.tufflights.com

E-Mail Rick@tufflights.com

Good Hunting..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif....Have a Great Day... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.... Rick

Heck no Rick that about covers it! Thanks for the thorough answer. I'll scrounge up some pennies, but I'll for sure have to order the wall mount charger.

Be safe, and I'll get a hold of ya.

Todd

it's not legit, because down here lights cannot be hooked up to your truck at all, but...

kc daylighters. just add red swimming pool light covers. works great, and the battery will not run out! you can even drive with them on if you just secure them with a thick, big rubber band! i have no personal knowledge of this, i think i read about it in a book...

Hi Aeee,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

what's not Legit??

The Night Hunter 140/170 lights/battery and bag are for Hunting in woods/range and go on a Rifle scope or shot gun, not on a roll bar.......

I have on/off-road lights for those.....

I have clear,green,blue,red,amber,yellow,black, covers for on/off road lights..........

No flying rocks will break these lights,multi-covers/combo's/light weight/rolling heads for beam choice on the RMDL 140,170,240's

RMDL 140's put out 110,000 CWP each,220,000 a pair $190.00

RMDL 170's put out 350,000 CWP each,700,000 a pair $267.00

RMDL 240's put out 730,000 CWP each, 1,460,000 a pair $325.00

XGT's put out 730,000 CWP Each $216.00

1,000,000 w/glo6 bulbs (extra)

HID's put out 1,800,000 CWP each $895.00

Free Shipping on All orders to Lower 48 States

If you go to: www.tufflights.com

You will see our company's H2, HUMMER with 4 XGT's on roof bar and a pair of RMDL 140's on push bar........

4 millon Candle Watt Power on roof, Lights up 4 miles long,1/2 mile wide in total darkness with glo-6 bulbs..

The pair of RMDL 140 on push bar are used daily, they light up,with a wide angle yellow lens,you can see 180 degs out 80 feet for close incounters,(other drivers in town)...

Send me your name and address, and Ill send you a LightForce Catalog on driving on/off road lights.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

#1 off-road light/Scope Lights/spot lights in the world

E-Mail: Rick@tufflights.com

Good Hunting.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif....Have A great Day....Rick

in tx, you cannot have your lights attached to, or powered by, you truck.in ok, we cannot use lights, period.

are you saying that you have red / amber light covers specifically made for kc daylighters?

Hi Aeee,

Now Im totally confused, what lights are you refering too,lights on a roll bar/push bar/Aux. lighting or Hunting Lights.........

I have sold many off-road/on-road lights,spot lights/scope lights to a lot of people from TEXAS.......

It seems to be the state where (Id like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifto be)In the USA,there are hardly any rules on what you can and cannot due........un-like Florida where you have so many rules on everything you have to read a book on rules, before you can enjoy anything.....Unless you rowed/floated here, then no rules apply...........

I Have covers for only LightForce Lights Only,If you would like a Catalogs on Driving Lights/spot/Marine/Hunting, send your name and address to:

Rick@tufflights.com

I send them to you to see what your missing, in a #1 world brand Light, top of the line...............

Have A Great Day....................... Rick@tufflights.com

Rick H2, it seems as though the rules for hunting on private land and the use of hand held lights and such varies from the rules for hunting public ground in Texas. Just a guess. And I am just as confused as you are.

Rick , thanks for the Catalogs. If you put any more cards in them , I could play 32 card pick up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back