Boehner Gets Asked If He Considers Ted Cruz a ‘False Prophet’ & Gives a Pretty Darn Telling Response

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:

Boehner Gets Asked If He Considers Ted Cruz a ‘False Prophet’ & Gives a Pretty Darn Telling Response

By Katie LaPotin (23 hours ago) | Headlines, Politics, TV

In explaining his rationale for stepping down from the Speakership of the House to CBS News’ John Dickerson, outgoing House Speaker John Boehner lashed out at “false prophets” like Texas Sen. Ted Cruz who have divided the party in recent years.

Dickerson and Boehner were discussing the Speaker’s sudden resignation when the Ohio Republican said:

“Listen, you can pick a lot of names out. I’ll let you choose them.”

When further pressed about the 2016 Republican presidential candidate, Boehner slyly replied back:

“I refer you to my remark at a fundraiser I made in August in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.”

While causal observers wouldn’t necessarily understand his reference, Dickerson reminded viewers that Boehner had called Cruz a “jack***” during that fundraiser.

Boehner, who was initially invited on the Sunday morning show to discuss the Pope’s visit to Washington and speech before a joint session of Congress on Thursday, also told Dickerson his rationale for the impromptu decision.

On that note, Boehner used the Bible to discuss the current discord among House Republicans, telling Dickerson:

“The Bible says beware of false prophets. And there are people out there spreading noise about how much can get done.”

He noted how shutting down the federal government in the near future, something which many conservatives in the caucus are threatening to do if a deal isn’t reached to stop federal funding for Planned Parenthood, is a tried-and-failed tactic that will only lead to future problems with the party.

Protesters display placards during a demonstration in front of the US Capitol in Washington, DC, October 3, 2013, urging congress to end the federal government shutdown. Image credit: Getty - Jewel Samad/AFP


Protesters display placards during a demonstration in front of the US Capitol in Washington, DC, October 3, 2013, urging congress to end the federal government shutdown. Image credit: Jewel Samad/AFP/Getty Images

Boehner reminded Dickerson that the federal government was shut down for 16 days in the fall of 2013 over Obamacare funding, and yet the Affordable Care Act is still the law of the land.

Boehner told Dickerson:

“This plan never had a chance. But over the course of the August recess in 2013 and the course of September, a lot of my Republican colleagues who knew it was a fool’s errand, they were getting a lot of pressure at home to do this. And so we got groups here in town, members, the House and Senate here in town who whipped people into a frenzy believing they could accomplish things that they know, they know are never going to happen.”

The outgoing House Speaker also added that he wasn’t worried about the House Freedom Caucus ousting him over the next few weeks, telling the CBS News host that “winning that vote was never an issue,” and that he would have gotten “the overwhelming number” of votes needed to remain in charge of the chamber.

Watch his full remarks on “Face the Nation” below:

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/09/430946-b...ning-newsletter

Regards,
hm

Yeah, criminals hate to have the light shined on them, he needs to shut his piehole. While no one can guarantee that what they propose will pass, at least they're proposing effective things and not playing rump ranger with the enemy behind closed doors.

Boehner invokes the bible about false prophets, wow. he probably can't remember all his lies, in which to seek forgiveness for.

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaYeah, criminals hate to have the light shined on them, he needs to shut his piehole. While no one can guarantee that what they propose will pass, at least they're proposing effective things and not playing rump ranger with the enemy behind closed doors.

Yep, Boehner graduated from the Barack Obama School of Buck Passing, alright.

Regards,
hm

Sometimes it is best to simply go away quietly, rather than draw more attention than one desires to their actions. Boehner would no doubt have won the vote to remain speaker of the house, but the overwhelming support of the Democratic Party in doing so, would have destroyed the GOP.

It ain't rocket science!!

And, Boehner's stated opinion of Cruz, simply reinforces my belief in Cruz.

Quote:And, Boehner's stated opinion of Cruz, simply reinforces my belief in Cruz.]

+1000

Regards,
hm

Cruz was sounding ok. Until today he voted to raise the debt ceiling by $400 billion. Ironically Bernie Sanders voted against it. Not sure what's going on in DC anymore.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Sometimes it is best to simply go away quietly, rather than draw more attention than one desires to their actions. Boehner would no doubt have won the vote to remain speaker of the house, but the overwhelming support of the Democratic Party in doing so, would have destroyed the GOP.

It ain't rocket science!!

And, Boehner's stated opinion of Cruz, simply reinforces my belief in Cruz.

boehner's negative opinion is more like a endorsement for Cruz I'd be skeptical of anyone he said he supported.

Back