VA youth weekend success!!! 1st deer down

smith1559

Lots of practice and lots of patience has paid of with my daughters first shot and success at taking her first. We had the Virginia youth weekend this past weekend and I felt she was ready this year. We have been practicing for a few years now and she has been sitting with me on stand for years now.

She started on a Ruger 10/22 and has shot my 223 AR and this summer I moved her into a encore in 300 Blackout. She quickly built my confidence in her shooting ability.

But with all that it is still hard to keep a 8 year old quiet and occupied for some time on stand. Saturday morning I got her up early and we headed out. And boy we had 2 deer come in range but just couldn't get it all lined up. She decided instead of hunting Saturday evening she wanted to see Hotel Transylvania 2. (What do you do).

When she said she wanted to sleep Sunday morning I was starting to get bummed. But around 2:30 she said dad I am ready to go if you want. So we headed out. Little did I know she had a plan to keep us occupied. "Hey dad can you make a Chinese fortune thing. As she pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket. (Hard to remember how to make that)

Had a great evening. A bunch of deer 2 more in range (I held the range at 100 yards) but still not quite fast enough. But then finally a nice doe came out and gave her enough time to take a good shot. She went 20-30 yards and piled up. Done. She was so exited, but I bet I was even more. And another good thing she killed her first deer on my 12 year wedding anniversary, how awesome is that...

Jason (proud dad)

Congrats !!!

That had to been fun as heck for both of ya.
thumbup.gif

Youth day hunting.... The perfect excuse to get out of what your wife wants you to do on your anniversary.

Good job bail's

Originally Posted By: atdAwesome! Maybe not your wife's favorite anniversary present, but for you and your daughter hard to beat.

I do have to say though my wife is not a hunter at all but she really supports me teaching the girls how fun hunting/shooting can be. My other daughter is almost 5 now, soon will be getting her out there..

I have been reading the comments to my daughter, she loves it.

Jason

Back