JP captured buffer spring with suppressor

Thanks. The chart makes sense. My guess is that since I'm ejecting well into the red that I am going to need to get heavier springs with the JP captured buffer when I add a supressor.

Originally Posted By: jk2paintworxThanks. The chart makes sense. My guess is that since I'm ejecting well into the red that I am going to need to get heavier springs with the JP captured buffer when I add a supressor.

Actually, look into the tungsten weight kit too, you'll probably have better luck with that then just the springs. Typically it's going to take both to get it running smoothly suppressed, possibly an adjustable gas block to tame it down a bit as well.

I've got an 18" SPR upper w/ rifle length gas system, that barely catches the bolt catch on an empty mag un-suppressed and I had to add a heavy buffer and stiffer spring in order to make it happy with the can on it.

+1
I was getting cycling problems and put in a JP adjustable gas block and Griffin Armament SOB (Suppressor Optimized Buffer) from JoeBobs. Quieter and problem solved.

I have been looking into a Syrac adj block. My ar has a Nordic hand guard and it covers the gas block and the Syrac looks to be adjustable from the front so I can access with the handguard in place. Also has detects for adj screw so it stays where it's set. Any opinions on the Syrac? My 2nd choice would be JP. How do they compare?

Back