Double toms...going for more

5spd

My son up in ID with his 2 toms, both shot within seconds of each other. 9" beards, 1" spurs.
He was out for grouse, but turkey is also open up there, so coming around a forestry corner there were 16 or so in the road.
He pulled over loaded up quick, but they were going away from him so in turkey fashion he ran at them busting them up, grabbed a seat and waited.
They all came back within 30min clucking & what not, then 2 toms walked within 20 yards of him and he dumped them.
One flew up into as tree & he though it was lost. So as he was walking down the hill it drops out of the tree almost into the bed of the truck. He thought it was funny as heck, but both got tagged and in the freezer.

Awesome. Congrats to your son.
thumbup.gif

the simularieies in story are amazing, both shot within seconds of each other. both flew up into a tree and then it started raining turkeys. i had heard the expression raining cats and dogs but never turkeys.
last year i shot one with my bow while deer hunting. waited to see if a deer would come in and in the mean time a bobcat stole my turkey.

Back