Reloading for 45acp & 10mm

B23

I recently picked up each of these, 1911 45 full size and G20 10mm got a smoking deal on a brand new G20 Gen4 10mm w/3 15rnd mags $500 out the door so I just had to buy it.
thumbup.gif

What do you all use in these things, any favorite recipes???

For the garden variety plinking/paper punching trigger time does everyone just use 230's or is the 200 grainers a better choice???

For the 10mm, it appears the 165 and 180 are the two most popular bullet weights. Anyone have any opinions and or favorite recipes for loads with the 10mm????

Both will be reloaded using a Dillon 550, if that even matters.

7.1-8.0g of AA#5, 230g Hornady XTP,

9.6g of AA#5 with a 185g Nosler HP

Get trigger up grades

I run a 24 lb spring in my 1911's, helps on recoil, and I never have failures on full power loads

Thank you for the load info gents. If anyone else has any, feel free to post them.

The trigger in the 1911 is pretty darn good but I may take it apart and adjust the trigger tabs to give it a little less take up.

6.5 grains of Unique with a 230 grain bullet. I've shot many thousand rounds with this load and have several thousand more stockpiled for the zombie outbreak!

For my 10mm 1911 I like the 200gr Hornady XTP or 200gr cast over a near max charge of Blue Dot. Very accurate and hits hard.

For the 45ACP I use a 185gr lyman devistator or 230gr cast bullet over Unique.

I reall like 6.0 Unique with 200 SWC from Xtreme or Rainier. Nice holes in paper, and knocks steel in our matches.If i remember right not looking at my data, its is about 840fps.

I have been loading the 10mm auto for years, and I've found that the factory glock barrel will feed almost anything reliably. 180gr is pretty much the standard, as you have excellent velocity and a ton of knockdown power. Plus you can get 500 hornady 180gr HAP hollow points or FMJ bullets for around 70 bucks. Starline makes excellent brass, and at a reasonable price. I use 10.2gr of blue dot, or 8.8gr of Longshot, both shoot amazingly well and hover right around 1200fps. Be wary of aftermarket barrels. I've tried the lonewolf extended and standard barrels, and although they shot very well, they actually have such tight chamber tolerance that FTF can become a problem. There is a reason glocks have a little bit of tolerance with the factory barrels, and that's why they feed so reliability.

Last edited:
Back