Testing the .338 Federal 8" AR10 SBR Accuracy at 90 Yards

voonman

Ok So i finally got off my lazy butt and put together the Accuracy testing video that i previously mentioned in my other thread.The results werent too bad for such a short barrel..I was at 90 yards in a standing position.My scope was previously zeroed in at a 25yard distance so i had to a do a little bit of compensating..The wind was blowing the target a little bit during that day so it started to sway back and forth..But overall i think it was a successful test..The results are below.

Not to bad for a little short thumper. Good off hand shooting, it's not as easy as some may think. I've been thinking about one like that. How's the 338 federal run in the ar?

Originally Posted By: nastynatesfishNot to bad for a little short thumper. Good off hand shooting, it's not as easy as some may think. I've been thinking about one like that. How's the 338 federal run in the ar?

Thanx for commenting..It runs very well so far..Cycles and feeds without any issues..The velocity isnt bad, im getting AK47 speeds out of a 16" barrel, but i am able to throw a bigger heavier bullet with 650ft lbs of more energy down range using an 8" barrel..

Last edited:
Back