Single stage press care?

zr600

What do you guys do to help keep your press in good operating condition? Do you lube the press shaft? And if so with what?

I'll wipe mine down from time to time for lube I use STP oil treatment stuff is like honey but it leaves a nice film but any quality oil should be fine. When I'm not using it I keep a old dish towel draped over it to keep the dust off.

Originally Posted By: tomcat388thI'll wipe mine down from time to time for lube I use STP oil treatment stuff is like honey but it leaves a nice film but any quality oil should be fine. When I'm not using it I keep a old dish towel draped over it to keep the dust off.

I use a dry film moly lube from a spray can but +10 on covering with a rag.

Shucks, I just put a drop or two of whatever dead dinosaurs that I got handy on the shaft. Do it every now and then. 42 years and six hundred bajillion rounds later and it still works fine. Wish that I could say the same about me.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: RustydustShucks, I just put a drop or two of whatever dead dinosaurs that I got handy on the shaft. Do it every now and then. 42 years and six hundred bajillion rounds later and it still works fine. Wish that I could say the same about me.
thumbup1.gif

I've even used rcbs case lube .

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: RustydustShucks, I just put a drop or two of whatever dead dinosaurs that I got handy on the shaft. Do it every now and then. 42 years and six hundred bajillion rounds later and it still works fine. Wish that I could say the same about me.
thumbup1.gif

I've even used rcbs case lube .

I wondered what I could use that greasy kid's stuff for since I found Imperial and HOS.

Greg

I smear some rig on mine every year or so. 25 years and still looks new. Cut the leg off of some old jeans and cover it up. You will pass it on to your grandkids.

Back