Hornady 22-250 FL sizer die

bc83

I am trying to resize my once fired brass and it's causing the bolt to close hard when I tested the brass in the chamber. Tried it in two different guns still same thing it's trimmed too 1.90 specs look good compared too new ammo from what I can tell. Die is set to where it just touches shell holder I have never had this problem with any of my other FL dies is the die bad or am I setting it up wrong this is the only hornady set I have?

What is the shoulder bump measurement? You may have to shave the shell holder.The trim length isn't the issue. Try turning in an eighth.

Greg

I don't have a gauge to check the shoulder I did notice when I went to size it the shell won't go in all the way into the sizer

Just using a mic on it I come up with the same shoulder measurement but when I hold them side by side the shoulder angle don't look the same but just could be the way I'm looking at it

Originally Posted By: bc83Just using a mic on it I come up with the same shoulder measurement but when I hold them side by side the shoulder angle don't look the same but just could be the way I'm looking at it

Check this out that I wrote HEAD SPACE GAGE ON THE CHEAP

Check a few and get some nunbers.

Greg

Last edited:
Had the same problem with a Hornady 22-250 die. I sent it back to them. They said they found nothing wrong but polished the die yet when I got it back, it worked fine. There was a definite problem with it.

I got a lee die they chamber just fine now. The hornady die must not be cut right the shoulder angle don't look right.

Back