RRA Fred Eichler 2

nyttrain5150

Has anyone checked these out yet? Not sure it would be an upgrade from my current AR but it looks to be a nice package. I really dig the handguard!

fes2_15v.gif

Last edited:
Looks like the differences are the muzzle brake, longer hand guard, and color. Other than that I think they're identical. MSRP of their website is $1725/$1750 depending on stock option. I found them on Guns America & Gun Broker for $1599.

Predator Magazine had a write up on this gun around Dec 14, comparing it to four bolt actions. Beat them all. Best group .36, best velocity, even comparing it to three of the bolts that had 22" barrels. It was really quite an impressive write up.

Originally Posted By: nyttrain5150Looks like the differences are the muzzle brake, longer hand guard, and color. Other than that I think they're identical. MSRP of their website is $1725/$1750 depending on stock option. I found them on Guns America & Gun Broker for $1599.

Save your money!

Apparently they did not notice the price of AR's have come waaaaaaaaaay down.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: nyttrain5150Looks like the differences are the muzzle brake, longer hand guard, and color. Other than that I think they're identical. MSRP of their website is $1725/$1750 depending on stock option. I found them on Guns America & Gun Broker for $1599.

Save your money!

Apparently they did not notice the price of AR's have come waaaaaaaaaay down.

I thought it was a bit pricey but I've often thought RRA guns were pricey. My current AR rig is very comparable except for the trigger.

Not sure of the date on the actual issue. It says display till Feb 2, and has a guy in camo, with a coyote over his shoulder. It's quite interesting that it is getting the same velocity that the bolts are getting, with 6" less barrel than they have.
I am quite interested to pick up my RRA LAR 15 X1 tomorrow. This will be my first AR. It Will probably be the end of the week or so, till my scope and mounts arrive, and I can hardly wait to try it out. I'm really hopping that my scope will clear with the mount that I have ordered, as it's a 50mm, and the mount is 1.4" to the centerline, and not 1.5"

I have two RRA's love them both. I think it would be worth it to pay a couple of $100 more for the look you like. As far as the quality I've put thousands of rounds through both mine and have had 0 complaints.
I have a R3 18" barrel I've had dipped camo and a E-hide 16" barrel. They are very accurate and dependable. My e-hide is the same gun as th FE series except for the hand gaurd. If you like the hand gaurd go for it. I also brought both my guns on gun broker

This is the e-hide

This is the R3 model
They are both suppressed now

Beautiful guns guys! Boy that sure is compelling. I just upgraded to a semi auto shotgun a couple of weeks ago so another AR will be on hold for a while. Speaking of suppressed g bo, I'd almost rather buy a can than a new AR. Choices choices!!

Sure seems like a guy could have a custom laser shop cut prints into a solid handguard for a lot less than $500-700. Build an AR to your liking, then have the forend custom cut, and you'd be into it for a lot less money.

Back