Stockystocks new long range composite, anyone? ?

yotehunter243

I was looking for a new stock for my remington 700 24 ADL. the gun is brand new and shot it this weekend and while it hardly got under 2" with multiple ammo I do find some whinchester it liked. Now the factory stock is just and the barrel is smashed into it ( at least savage rifles are floated). So I thought I would find a better stock but since this is strictly a call/truck gun im not putting a $500 stock on it. I ran across these on Stockystocks and they look promising and fall well inside my budget. I didn't know if anyone had any insight on them?? stockystocks Long Range Composite

Haven't tried one, but looks interesting. Off the cuff, I am thinking something a little more lightweight and more "handy" would fit nicely. Red Hawks has a B&C Alaskan II for not much more.

Thanks. Iv been looking at those as well. I keep going back and forth between the sporter stock and the vertical grip. I don't carry the rifle more then a couple hundred yards ever.

I really like the stock, just not for your application. Too big and heavy for your type of use. A bench/tac rifle it would be slick...calling/walking not so much.

I don't have one but I think I may get one ordered for my next build.

I put the Axiom ultra light stock on my Rem 22-250. No POI shift in 4 years lop 11.25 -15.25 adjustable. Great for prone or off hand shots. 169.95 $

Thanks for the replies. I ended up ordering one. They sent me shipping confirmation within 20 min. Of placing the order. Figured if I don't like it I'll return it.

I guess the $23 in shipping wasn't so bad? Lol mine was $21 sent 2nd day. What are you going to use for bottom metal? I thought about using Kwik Klip. I had it in a McMillan and loved it

About an hour after Stocky's accepted my order and sent me a confirmation notice, I got an e=mail saying free shipping on orders over $99. Why was I not notified when I purchased the first stock???

Its for old customers, not us newbie's. I called and that was the answer I got. Now that we are customers, we will get new e-mails with discount coupons. Imagine that!!

Well I got mine in the mail today and slapped my 243 in it. The action fit nice and snug and the stock is definitely solid. They send new stainless actions screws with the stock. I will say for $200 I'll be buying another one. The stock is heavier but I'm not a small guy so an extra pound isn't going to bother me. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do for bottom metal.

Back