204 ruger 39 gr. blitzking bullets

Marty, when using H4895,start around 26.2gr. and slowly work up to around 28.2gr. Might want to also try some 8208. Start around 26.2gr. with that powder also.

Never tried Rel 10 in my 204 but shoot it in my 20 Tactical. I would suggest starting around 22.5gr. with that. My load is 24.6gr. but that is a very warm load.

Make sure you play with the seating depth.Will make a world of difference in group size.

Good luck!!

Have Dave- have you ever managed to hit anything with that .204 of yours? I understand that your prairie dog hunting partner is deadnuts accurate shot and has been giving you shooting lessons. Is this true?

smile.gif

24g 10x in my 22" 20P runs at 3765, 32g bullet. Pinpoint accurate.
I took that from 204 data w/a 39g bullet and dropped the charge for the 20P.

I got this load off the 204 ruger forum it is hot load. No primer damaged or anything 25.5 gr of RL10 with 39 gr bking will shoot a 5 shot group you can cover with a dime.I love this load iI use neck size brass Remington BR primers . I have some 32 gr bking and 34 gr HP to try.

Originally Posted By: D_BellH4895 with REM 7 1/2 Primers.

thumbup.gif
That is what I use. It was a good enough combination to win the 2015 PM Egg Shoot.

I don't have a load with the powders you ask about but if you run across some BLc-2, it works pretty good in the 204 too.

Hey Cat, I just got my DPMS -AR up and running today. Shooting the 39 grn. Blitzking. Loaded it with 26 grns. of Reloader 10-X. Only shooting at 50 yds off the bench but seeing very good results. Some 3/8 inch groups as well as one 1/8 in group. Shooting three shot groups. Not really a good day to shoot here this morning. Cloudy and overcast in the am. My rifle didnot show any signs of too much pressure but be sure to work up to max load. Good luck, TKG

what are you 204 guys using for your seating depth... overall length? I loaded some up really close to the lands, and it sucked... thought I'd try some more further from the lands... but was wondering if there is a better idea instead of near the lands.

I know each rifle is different...LOL.

Originally Posted By: dan brotherswhat are you 204 guys using for your seating depth... overall length? I loaded some up really close to the lands, and it sucked... thought I'd try some more further from the lands... but was wondering if there is a better idea instead of near the lands.

Mine all like a little jump!

Originally Posted By: dan brotherswhat are you 204 guys using for your seating depth... overall length? I loaded some up really close to the lands, and it sucked... thought I'd try some more further from the lands... but was wondering if there is a better idea instead of near the lands.

Mine is at 2.360 and works great with 39 gr. blitzking

Back