Ps32-Pvs14

twhitey

Hi Guys
Getting geared up for the up and coming hunting season I purchased a Ps32 late last winter and with all the snow we got up our way I was to busy moving,hauling,melting so never had a chance to take it to the field.

My question is can I run a ps32 and a pvs14 at the same time I have a Crye precision night cap with a Wilcox mount.Is there a dual mount out yet?
Thanks in advance

Originally Posted By: twhiteyHi Guys
Getting geared up for the up and coming hunting season I purchased a Ps32 late last winter and with all the snow we got up our way I was to busy moving,hauling,melting so never had a chance to take it to the field.

My question is can I run a ps32 and a pvs14 at the same time I have a Crye precision night cap with a Wilcox mount.Is there a dual mount out yet?
Thanks in advance

Due to depth perception, FOV and other issues it's VERY difficult to run thermal and NV at the same time. We run our IRD Patrol with a PVS-14 using this https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-binocular-bridge-system-skeetir-ir-patrol/ but flip one up while the other is in use.

Vic

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: twhiteyHi Guys

Thanks in advance

Due to depth perception, FOV and other issues it's VERY difficult to run thermal and NV at the same time. We run our IRD Patrol with a PVS-14 using this https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-binocular-bridge-system-skeetir-ir-patrol/ but flip one up while the other is in use.

Vic

Vic
I should of said I would like to have one flipped up scan with thermal flip up and go to pvs for ID.Will your bridge mount work with a flir ps32 that mount looks very nice.
Thanks

Originally Posted By: twhitey Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: twhiteyHi Guys

Thanks in advance

Vic

Vic
I should of said I would like to have one flipped up scan with thermal flip up and go to pvs for ID.Will your bridge mount work with a flir ps32 that mount looks very nice.
Thanks

I wouldn't even waste my time looking at having a dual mount. I tried it with a PVS14 and an IRPatrol.

The IRPatrol is longer and heavier than a PVS14. You will find that it is way too heavy and cumbersome and they will not line up correctly with your eyes.

Use your Thermal for Scanning and your PVS14 for walking in & out of your setups.

My helmet is set for an IRPatrol and a PVS14 but not at the same time. As far as both units on the helmet at the same time? Nope!!

Trust me, I tried it all!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: twhitey Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: twhiteyHi Guys

Thanks in advance

Vic

Vic
Thanks

I wouldn't even waste my time looking at having a dual mount. I tried it with a PVS14 and an IRPatrol.

The IRPatrol is longer and heavier than a PVS14. You will find that it is way too heavy and cumbersome and they will not line up correctly with your eyes.

Use your Thermal for Scanning and your PVS14 for walking in & out of your setups.

My helmet is set for an IRPatrol and a PVS14 but not at the same time. As far as both units on the helmet at the same time? Nope!!

Trust me, I tried it all!

Mr P
I can only use a scatter gun here at night so I shoot with the pvs and a aimpoint it works well for me but I would like to scan with my ps sometimes hanging on my night cap.I don't need to run both off the bridge mount at the same time just want some mount ideas for the Ps I know I will probably just scan with it and let it hang on a lanyard when not needed.hope that made sense lol

Have you thought about a non visible IR laser you can see with your PVS 14?

Sight your laser in at 60yards or less and bam!

You won't even need to put the gun to your shoulder.

Light him up and pull the trigger!

Mr P.
No laser, IR or otherwise in this commie state..

T.W. I two want to use the Therm for scanning while scatter gunning but I can not see a good way to mount it, I have the PVs-14 over my left eye and I shoot with the right through the EOTEC, Because the dogs come in so fast I just can not see messing with the therm as the dog runs in, I think the best bet is to have a spotter work the therm in back of the shooter, leaving the shooter to track, Identify and shoot the coyote.

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEMr P.

T.W. I two want to use the Therm for scanning while scatter gunning but I can not see a good way to mount it, I have the PVs-14 over my left eye and I shoot with the right through the EOTEC, Because the dogs come in so fast I just can not see messing with the therm as the dog runs in, I think the best bet is to have a spotter work the therm in back of the shooter, leaving the shooter to track, Identify and shoot the coyote.

I am the designated spotter so yea I wanna spot and let them know got one coming hot and video the hunt.We will switch up.I have a Ir laser that I use when we go to Ny but not around home lol.

I have my Pvs over my right eye and love it I know you think I am crazy but it works see yote shoot yote.

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEMr P.

I am the designated spotter so yea I wanna spot and let them know got one coming hot and video the hunt.We will switch up.I have a Ir laser that I use when we go to Ny but not around home lol.

I have my Pvs over my right eye and love it I know you think I am crazy but it works see yote shoot yote.

T
If that is what is working for you that's the way to go, I in no way would try to tell you to switch... The dogs in my area have been lulled into a false sense of security, the night stalker has gone to ground during the summer, but that's all going to change in October..LOL!!

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTET
If that is what is working for you that's the way to go, I in no way would try to tell you to switch... The dogs in my area have been lulled into a false sense of security, the night stalker has gone to ground during the summer, but that's all going to change in October..LOL!!

Let the slaying commence!!

Got 1 two Saturday nights ago. 5spd has a picture that I took with his camera.

We just went out for a few hours and saw 8 - 9 missed a few and only got the one which was a nice sized male weighing in at about 32lbs.

Gonna hit it again this Saturday, gonna spend a little more time out there and hitting a couple new areas.

Best of luck to all!!

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTET

Lol night stalker well you do know opening night is the best night they forgot all about the shockwave and my benelli all [beeep] is gonna break out opening night pics to follow.My Benelli Sbe11 is hungry.

I Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTET

Let the slaying commence!!

Got 1 two Saturday nights ago. 5spd has a picture that I took with his camera.

We just went out for a few hours and saw 8 - 9 missed a few and only got the one which was a nice sized male weighing in at about 32lbs.

Gonna hit it again this Saturday, gonna spend a little more time out there and hitting a couple new areas.

Best of luck to all!!
Nice going on your early season harvest.We are all pumped up I can't wait for opening night gotta let the air out of something.Good luck to you guys on a safe hunting season let me rip

Back