jp buffer?

driftbuster

Looking to get my ar to operate smoother, the 223 doesn't recoil much but it is alot more than my bolt gun. I figure it is the bcg motion causing this and will always have it but would the JP silent capture spring help?

Can you provide more details on your AR and the bolt action you are comparing it to? The semi automatic action should be reducing the recoil, not increasing it.

16" dti pencil barrel with mid length gas system,car buffer, not sure what spring, or if gas block was drilled. Right now it cycles everything and throws brass to 4 o'clock. I was comparing it to a tc venture and felt recoil was more with the ar but it seems to be from the bcg opening. When i charge the riffle it slams shut which is good but it seems harsh even though the riffle is pretty light.
This is my first ar and has a double star lower so maybe it is normal but i think it can be better.

What is on the muzzle? The easiest "bang for your buck" way to decrease your felt recoil/muzzle rise is to add weight or put on an effective muzzle device. The semi auto action will slim shut, but that's the point. Its gotta cycle.

Back