Add-a-Leaf vs. Airbags vs. Helper Spring?

jblomqui

Im running a 97 Tacoma with a full bed rig box. When im fully loaded with dogs I have a pretty good sag and bottom out on the rough roads. What would be my best/easiest option between airbags, add a leaf and helper springs to level out my truck and keep it from bottoming out off road?

helper spring OR main leaf adder will b most reliable IMO...good luck!
thumbup1.gif

Air bags are fairly reliable, not real expensive especially if you install yourself, easily adjustable, and a smoother ride.

I put a super spring on my Tacoma and really like it. Doesn't affect the ride. put twenty bags of salt and no sag. I pull a 12 foot tandem axle trailer with a Razor 1000 and no sag.
Good luck.

We are running 3 one ton dualies pulling goose neck trailers and the air bags are the best deal we've found,they are adjustable from the cab and you can keep the factory ride when you done need them. My 2015 f-350 rides better than factory with 15-20 psi in the bags and my 2011 was the same way. As far as dependability I put 225000 miles on them pulling with the 2011 and pulled them off and have 79000 on the same set on the 2015. Well worth the money to me.

I run a full set, both sides of axle, helper springs. Plus a set of coil over shocks in the rear on a 1/2 ton chevy....Next time im just going to buy a truck (3/4 ton)
cool.gif

Last edited:
Back