Finally took the "Predator Militia" gun out

Yoda-X

Had a great couple of days using my new e-caller (Convergent Bullet HP) and my "Predator Militia" platform on coyotes. Called in 7 and killed 5 in 2 days. 6.5 Grendel rocked it.

Good shooting. I wish over and over I would've built a 6.5 grendel instead of the 6.8. Love the camo on the rifle.

It is my favorite hunting rifle for anything up to deer and antelope. I also have an awesome upper from Predator Technology Group in 5.56 that I am going to camo to match the lower. Wicked combo for sure.

What process/ product was used on the camo job? It looks like it was a DK brown that was painted over with tan and then sanded to reveal the dk brown.

The rifle is made for us by Layke Tactical (www.layketactical.com), the handguard is our custom design from Unique-AR (www.unique-AR.com) and the accessories are from Timber Creek Outdoors, Inc (www.timbercreekoutdoorsinc.com). The Cerakote was done by Johnsons Custom (www.johnsoncustomsllc.com). Charging handle and trigger are from Lucas Firearms (www.ar15dropintriggers.com)
I will check on the prices for the complete rifle and let you know. They are only making 12 of the 6.5 Grendels this year as the "Predator Militia" gun of the year and there are only 9 left this year. We haven't chosen the caliber and configuration for next year yet, but this is what we wanted for our first year offering.

Last edited:
The stock is LUTH-AR's, MBA-1. I love the Tomahawk. Hands down the best charging handle I have ever used. After using it the first time, I replaced all of my other charging handles with it. Large fixed latches tend to catch on my clothing when carrying in and out of the field. This doesn't.

Originally Posted By: dkarre How well do you like the tomahawk charging handle? Would you recommend that over something with a fixed large latch?

Same here; the Tomahawk has saved my [beeep] a few times in the recent past. All of my hunting and competition rifles are now equipped with one.

I decided I had to have the tomahawk and ordered one...can't wait to use it on my own 6.5 grendel. In fact I have the same riflescope on it as well..just got to get it all put together and I'll be out hammering coyotes!

Looks pretty mean. I like it, the looks anyway.

I'm going to have to take a look into that stock, it's almost like a modified magpul PRS.

Modified PRS? More like a redesign of the PRS concept. Half pound lighter and everything locks into place solid. Really impressed with this stock. If you are a "knuckle dragged" and need an extra long length of pull, they give you additional spacers. I'm 6'01" with pretty long arms and didn't need the spacers, but nice to have them just in case. I think you can get the stock alone for around $130.

This rife is awesome! The camo job came out fantastic. I just installed that Luther AR stock on mine, great stock. That free float tube is sweet to. Good luck.

Back