Shot my ecaller but got my coyote

Yoda-X

Skull Dragger (Chris Parker) and I set up on a nice sagebrush flat in Eastern Oregon and put the Bullet HP about 50 yards in front of our stand.
We had the call going for about a minute when I noticed some Magpie's headed toward the call. In my experience coyotes will follow a Magpie to the source of the sound, so I turned my attention in that direction and was rewarded with a pair of ears bouncing through the brush. In the blink of an eye, that coyote jumped over a sage bush and attacked the call. She grabbed it in her mouth and was about to hightail it out of the county when I ended the assault on the call with a well-placed bullet from my 6.5 Grendel. Only problem with center punching her was the call got dragged in the line of fire and took what I thought was a fatal blow. Wouldn't you know, I dusted off the dirt and debris, stacked the top back on the body and tested the sound. Still worked perfect except for the decoy. We used the call for our last couple of sets of the day and called in two more coyotes with it.........even blown to pieces!!! Bullet HP.......Bullet Proof and user friendly! I'm sold.

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yoda that is funny but not funny at the same time. I can just about imagine what was going through your head when that all took place. If you are anything like me I would have been laughing until you walked up to the caller and then been pissed because you shot your call. Then been laughing again because you got the yote. Great shooting. HEHE.

Originally Posted By: deaddogwalkinYoda that is funny but not funny at the same time. I can just about imagine what was going through your head when that all took place. If you are anything like me I would have been laughing until you walked up to the caller and then been pissed because you shot your call. Then been laughing again because you got the yote. Great shooting. HEHE.

That is EXACTLY how I responded. Laugh, pissed, laugh, laugh, use it to kill another dog, still laughing.

Great story Yoda.

I'd bet Byron & Co. would replace the housing on your call in a heartbeat in exchange for the use of your testimonial. What a sales pitch!
thumbup.gif
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Outstanding Yoda!!!!

Thanks for the testimonial and photos. To bad you didn't have that on video. I'll get you a new Bullet HP out today but PLEASE don't shoot it again UNLESS it is on video.

Thanks again,

Good Hunting, and God Bless,

Byron

Originally Posted By: Byron SouthOutstanding Yoda!!!!

Thanks for the testimonial and photos. To bad you didn't have that on video. I'll get you a new Bullet HP out today but PLEASE don't shoot it again UNLESS it is on video.

Thanks again,

Good Hunting, and God Bless,

Byron

Class act, Byron!
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

Wow, wasn't expecting that. Thanks, Byron. I promise IF I shoot it again it will be on film. But I'm not planning to shoot the call again, lol.

Bullet proof, NOT !!!
scared.gif
What a shot ! Killed one & wounded the other !
Great pics & story, thanks for sharing !
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Byron South you are a class act ! Have a great season guys !

Last edited:
6 years ago I called in a Badger. It was the last call of the day since it was starting to get dark.
I see this Badger coming from about 300 yards out. I watch it coming and think I will let it go and then I got to thinking this Badger might tear my caller up if I don't do something so I decided to take it and just as the shot broke the caller stopped and I was like oh s@#t I just shot my caller. I head out to take a look and to find out the batteries died the instant I shot, man was I relieved.

Originally Posted By: Byron SouthOutstanding Yoda!!!!

Thanks again,

Good Hunting, and God Bless

Byron

I'll admit that I haven't heard of your caller before this post. First class customer relations and service.

Yoda Congrats on your Kill's and Congrats on your new Call--Bryon your the Best----
svb

Last edited:
Hunter of the month? I am honored, but laughing my tailend off. I have video of the other hunts, but was self filming (Camera wife stayed home) and got too wrapped up in the action to follow very well with the camera. But, I plan to put together some of the footage of the call in action so everyone can see and hear it.

Last edited:
Congrates on that shot. That would be a lot easier to shoot your call with a shotgun, but with a rifle..... That is outstanding!!!

Back