.338 Federal 8" SBR AR-10 Velocity Results

voonman

Whats up all my Predator Masters forum peeps..Its been awhile since ive been here..I thought i would introduce my new 8" SBR 338 federal project that ive been working on for about a year..Today it is complete and i have chronographed it with some pretty interesting results.. Shooting a few of the Federal Factory 180gr Accubond Nosler Ballistic tips i was clocking in around 2139fps-2171fps and shooting some of the American Eagle 185gr soft point factory ammo i was getting around 2087fps-2106fps...I still have some more testing to do with some lighter loads such as the Barnes 160gr ballistic tips..And i have some video footage that i will be releasing of my test results later this week.But for now i have attached a few photos for your viewing..Please tell me what you think.
104hqp2.jpg

9gf0bl.jpg

1znadeo.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crapshootThat thing looks freakin sick!

Thanx glad you like it..its been 1yr in the making..im gonna do a night shoot with it to see how much of a fire ball it will throw

Originally Posted By: MPFDAre you going to suppress it?

My question also. Looks great but my eardrums started bleeding just from the pictures!
smile.gif
ohmy.gif

Originally Posted By: MPFDAre you going to suppress it?

My thoughts exactly. If you could find a hand guard that would cover even half of a can, that would be awesome!

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: MPFDAre you going to suppress it?

My thoughts exactly. If you could find a hand guard that would cover even half of a can, that would be awesome!

Ooh Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!
tt1.gif

Hi thanx for commenting..Im glad yall like it...The flash bang from my SBRs dont really bother me..I am just really curious of how the 338 fed will look like at night..As an example i have already Ran my 10.5" 50 beowulf in full auto..and it has a huge flash bang but i believe the 338 will throw a further and brighter flash..Below is a youtube video of myself shooting my beowulf in fullauto.

Last edited:
Any plans on experimenting with slightly faster powders to get the velocity up a bit?

Either way, it's a [beeep] sweet looking rig.

Back