stopping charging handle rattle??

steve garrett

as I walk to a stand I seemed to always have some sort of rattle from the gun. I couldn't figure it out finally I pin pointed it as the charging handle. I use just a plain standard charging handle because I mount the sling on the side. I am thinking some electrical tape pushed down in that little divit that the latch rides in. anyone have any other ideas.

I use BCM Gunfighters in all of mine. They make a small latch one if your afraid of latch interference. Mine don't rattle. You could always try a new charging handle. A standard USGI style isn't much, probably like $5 or so. I'm not a fan of tape due to the sticky residue it leaves behind.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever have had one rattle, I'd buy a new one. I like the raptor or bcm ambi charging handles. I also have a v7 handle that works well, is affordable and is lightweight.

the rattle occurs back and forth or in an out. . if you grab the gun and shake it you will not hear the rattle. but when I carry the gun. The charging handle hits my clothes with each step and make a noise.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettthe rattle occurs back and forth or in an out. . if you grab the gun and shake it you will not hear the rattle. but when I carry the gun. The charging handle hits my clothes with each step and make a noise.

What i think is happening is as you walk the ch latch is catching clothing and is being pulled and snapping back into place. I dont think its the charge handle itself just the latch.

Thats what i have found anyway. I switched to bcm small handle and very rarerly do i get the "rattle" anymore

Check out Armaggedon Tactical's GMS-15 charging handle. I really like mine so far. Latch release is on the back side of it. Its almost a push button like the mag release.

Back