Scope mount options for RR LAR 15 X-1

you are sending it back because of some loctite? a little heat makes loctite unlock. it really is about a 15 second job to get the locktited muzzle brake off. really it is.

Yes I am sending it back, and it is not as simple of a matter as just unscrewing it, and wiping it off, as it is red loctited on, and needs to be heated to be taken off. The factory states that only they should do it, and now they can pay for the costs involved. As to bringing it back to the dealer, they are over 100 miles away. The factory can pay for shipping, before I pay for that much gas. I have done all my own pistol gunsmithing for years, and would have no problem doing it myself, as I have heated and removed many parts that were loctited on, but they want to do it, so let them. My scope isn't here yet anyway.

Update, scope arrived early, now I wish I had just heated the muzzle brake, and taken it off myself, I could be shooting it tomorrow. Never dreamed I would pay this much for a scope, but now wish I had done it sooner. What I ended up getting, was a Leupold V6 3x18 50mm w/illuminated varmint reticle. The glass and sharpness are just incredible, and quite a step above my last scope that was in the $600 range, and I thought was really good at the time

Well it's back, and I put it together last night. Shot a couple shots out back for function, from one of my other 223's, and will make up some loads for this one and hopefully try it out tomorrow, or Monday. Tried to enter a picture, but won't let my from my computer. Ended up going with a DNZ mount, and there is plenty of clearance.

Back