T-POST STEPPER...BEWARE!!!

I drink alot of grasshopper juice before a hunt... so I can then just hop right over them.

A friend in OK noticed that I stepped on a wire near a wooden post that had a staple holding the wire...

he said...

Warning... those staples can pull out and get you hurt.

A easier and safer method is to carry a small racket strap, so you can attach one end to the top wire, then attach the other end to the bottom wire... then pull the strap real tight, which will pull the top down and the bottom up, so you then have more room to go over the top, or more room to go under it.

You'll have less scares on the Jewells.

That's gonna leave a scar....tell everyone You had Corpral Tunnel Surgery,the hard way! Yikes!!!!!! That had to hurt
frown.gif

Had a similar situation without the stepper a couple of decades ago. Crossing a t-post straddling it and the clips gave out. Partially impaled too close for comfort. Had to lift myself off and took 10 stitches to close. Never did that again.

I think the company that made them is out of business. I see why. i quit using mine years ago. It gave me the heebie jeebies.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lyotehunteri am telling you guys a piece of carpet works great

Yep, I agree. We used that in Arizona a few years back, the first time I had ever used one. It works great.

OKBRrent,
Thanks for sharing this story. As you may not know, T-post Stepper is now under new ownership, and we're doing our best to correct some of the issues surrounding previous versions of the T-post Stepper. As of late 2015, we've retooled the Stepper, to better fit on most standard T-posts. We still don't have the correct parts for the "133 posts", so don't use this tool on those.
If you're at all interested, we're offering a discount on our new product through Amazon. Use the promo code at checkout: 4PREDATR to get $2.00 off your T-post Stepper.
Enjoy!
-T-post Stepper

My dad had an issue with one once as well. Neither of us ever used one again after that.

Just personally, you couldn't pay me to be a guinea pig for a new model. I hunt mostly alone, and out where there normally isn't anyone to help me. Most places I don't need anything extra to cross, but where I do I stick with the piece of carpet and maybe a motorcycle strap. The strap can be used for pulling the top wire down, or the bottom wire up, whichever is needed.

I have this blanket that i lay on the wire. It works as a shooting mat, and I lay it on the seat so that my pack (with mud and goat heads) doesn't get on the seats.

Nutz saver.

Originally Posted By: NcWhitetailTbone: What's a "goat head"? Stickers that hurt like no other when you step on them I believe. There's two pokers on em and are kind of oddly shaped. That's what I've always known as a goat head anyways.

Back