Fur Down

SkyPup

Sometimes when you are out hog hunting you end up with a dog!

Totally pitch black night, no moon or stars, overcast and drizzling.

Had bush-hogged down about two acres of dog fennels that were 8-10 feet high so I could see out 250 yards instead of 50 yards on my stand using the Flir M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal to monitor the area.

A large sounder of hogs showed up and stayed for about 20 minutes but would never come into range, watched them out 350 yards on the thermal from the cockpit of my UTV waiting for them to head my way but it never happened, did not want to just try to blast them as there were six large hogs in the group and am trying to take them out.

Turned on my FoxPro TruckPro E-caller on BayBeeCottontail and let it squeak for about ten minutes and picked up a hot heat signature cranking through the thick woods my way, thought it could be a deer so watched it close in on me. Made it up a hill out a ravine about 50 yards for Pos ID and put a 130 grain Barnes TSX through it's spine at 90 yards...

Had the mini-DVR on recording but forgot to turn on the video output from the MKII again, coyote came in fast and missed getting a video of him, all I got was the audio of the gunshot...

MKK%20Coyote.jpg

MK%20Coyote%20Hondini.jpg

MK%20Coyote%20Hondini2.jpg

MK%20Coyote%20Hot.jpg

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice going. You do have some nice toys Thom, and enough critters down there to keep things interesting.

Down here I see allot more deer on one of the ranches I have hunted for 3 years and taken over 10 coyotes off of it every winter it sure makes a difference in the quail, and antelope population as well.

LOL!!!! Infidel Inside sticker!!!! That thing is awsome, I wish Coyote hunting at night was legal here in TN

SkyPup ---I Just bought a buggy ----
Please show some pictures of your rig ----
Inquiring minds want to know ---
Thanks

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of my mobile stand:

Hondini.JPG

Cab%20Interior.jpg

324%20Front.jpg

Batter%20y%20and%20Isolater.jpg

Hog%20and%20Honda.jpg

Honda%20Front.jpg

Interior%202.jpg

LCD%20Color%20Monitor%20BW.jpg

Truck%20Pro%20Amp.jpg

The FoxPro TruckPro and all Night Vision and Thermal accessories run off the auxillary battery, only visible white lights run off ignition.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing
Wish we could run nites---
The powers that be think the deer poachers would run rampant -----
Probably have MORE deer if we could kill predators at nite --
Tell us more about the RED led lights --how effective
Or just use them driving in and out --
Thanks again---

Last edited:
The Larson Electronics RED LED is for use when I am mobile hunting with the thermal on so I can see where I am going with minimal scare factor to the hogs and dogs, plus I can see coyote eyeballs over a mile away.

Hardly ever use an white light at all.

The Larson IR 850nm blaster is incredible when using helmeted mounted NVO and no red light.

Hondini%20NV%20850nm%20Headlamp.jpg

Cattle%20Pasture%20Road%20850nmB.jpg

Back