Quest for Long Range NV Hog Kill

crowkiller51

Since no one been posting Hog Kills lately ,, I'll get started. Been working on Long Range NV Hog Kill. Without success, of course..
I've been doing Feral Hog Control for a couple of local Private Farms. Most kills have been in the 30-50 yard range with my Thor Thermal on an S&W AR10 308, like this kill.All these kills are Night Hunting with the Thermal or Night Vision.

I mounted up my Aquila 6x/Torch-Pro on a New 22/250 Ackley Build just to see how it would work.
And for anyone interested it's a Stiller/Rock 20", 8Tw, AWC Raider,
MDT LSS Chassis , 10Rd poly mag, Harris,.Built by the talented Guys at Accurate Ordanance .

Got a 250+ yard Head shot attempt on a Feral Sow this weekend
Success !! A Sierra 65gr GK with a case full of Varget. She Dropped in her tracks.

Last edited:
It always amazes me how far a feral hog can run with a .308 165gr or a 180 gr Grand Slam Hole all the way thru the shoulder and chest. This sow ran 200+ yards before running out of red juice. Notice the large RED Circle before she dropped.

Last edited:
This is my Private Body Guard in action. A marauding Boar came charging across the corn field and my trusty body guard used his Glock 40 to stop the attack . Saved my Life. I guess I owe him another hunt...ha

occasionally one will have some built-in weapons , note his cutters.

Last edited:
A few months back , Another Lucky Long Range Head shot. The night before I was standing where the vehicle is and made the shot from there, about 150 yds ish.

Almost missed.

Last edited:
Some more .308 Lead in the Head.

This unlucky boar had a 180 gr Grand Slam land in his eye socket.
The bullet came out his rib cage on the opposite side. He still ran 75 yards before dropping.

Last edited:
That's right it's a Squash

Sorta makes me think of this poor feller.
He won't need his twin squashes anymore.

It's getting Dark , I gotta go , there's more Hogs to KILL!

Last edited:
The cheek weld on the bolt gun is huge unless you have a chin bigger than Jay Leno.

Thanks for putting up some action !! You are totally right it has been dead around the hog forum lately.
I wish I had time to get out.

edit; or a squash on your chin

Last edited:
Wedgy said:
The cheek weld on the bolt gun is huge unless you have a chin bigger than Jay Leno.

Thanks for the compliments weggie.
Everything in GA is BIG!

The axis to axis is about 3 inches , but you really don't notice it because the Aquila has Parallax adjustment to compensate.
No need to cheek it up.

Last edited:
Wow Crow,or should I say "Groucho" wicked cool post and pics!Some cool hardware your shooting there...and you got a little Glock action!!

Last edited:
Back