Lion Calling Videos - Finally starting to edit a little

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Finally starting to work with some of my video footage, learning to stack together and edit and stuff. This isn't great, but it's a good start!

Some Call-In stories re-told...

Didn't recount this one.......... but you might like it even better!!!

Actual video footage, before, during, and after, taking a foothill neighborhood "problem cat!" Actual footage! Real time! No edits!

Here's one where I called the cat in, but never saw it. I got a vocal response and sat for a long time throwing the kitchen sink at it, but nothing. This video was with a little digital camera right there on stand. The cat was very likely within rifle range as I took this video, but probably knew I was there.

Here's one about the infamous "Cougar Scratch" or "Pile" or "Mound"...

Loved the videos very well executed. I have been trying to kill a lion for 3,4 years now I call her in and she screams and moves 20 yards screams again in thick brush and can't ever get a shot. Called her in 8 or 9 times.

Are you using vocals?

2 possibilities:

1.) Run more aggressive vocals when it's in but won't show itself. Most of my vocals are low key on purpose, but it may be time for an angry one when it hides.

Or 2.) (Most likely solution) You have to get into the brush with it!

If it's keeping out of sight from YOU, then it knows you're there. If it doesn't know you're there, then it's a fluke that it hasn't exposed itself to you. Get in without it knowing, and stay hidden. Give it the vantage, let it be the predator. They're sharp that way!

Good luck, & thanks!

You betcha... I need to get a little more skilled editing before I can include a dvd in my cougar stuff, but it's fun!

Looking forward to calling this year, hope there's snow here! Last year was frustrating!

Great stuff Steve. I went calling last year and had a cougar screaming before I could get set up to call one in. It never showed and must have heard me coming in. I tried setting up in a different area and the cougar screamed at me again....this is the same type of area where I called on in a few years back. Unfortunately he saw me first, and bolted when he saw me move for the rifle. I didn't have your sounds then, but I do now. I will be back after him this fall.

I hope so brother, they've been haunting my dreams for a long time. Funny thing is when I listened to your cd the first time I sat in amazement upon hearing the cougar whistle....I'd heard that countless times and all this time I thought it was a bird.. you opened my eyes....

There is this bird that does it.... similar anyways!

Here's one where I called the cat in, but never saw it. I got a vocal response and sat for a long time throwing the kitchen sink at it, but nothing. This video was with a little digital camera right there on stand. The cat was very likely within rifle range as I took this video, but probably knew I was there.

Thanks for sharing! Hope you post some more. Do you find that you are more successful hunting during mornings, afternoons or is it all day? As a deer/elk hunter I have become accustomed to hunting mornings or afternoons with little success during the middle of the day. Do I need to change the way of thinking with cats and hunt all day?

Back