Land Between the Lakes Calling

Hami Shamilton

Anyone done much hunting in LBL? Looking to do some calling there next weekend but went scouting and didn't see any signs of coyotes. Itching to put one down with the new shotgun.

I've never hunted LBL but I've hunted alot at Ft. Campbell which is right next door. Don't know if they allow coyote hunting during the spring and summer but the fort is covered up in them.

Been hunting LBL since 1964, mostly deer and turkeys but recently coyotes.

LBL only allows coyote hunting during other game seasons, like spring squirrel and using only the guns and ammo allowed for said game. You CANNOT use buckshot.

Here is part of the LBL rules for coyote hunting.

Coyotes, Armadillos, Groundhogs - may be taken during daylight hours only during any open hunting season with weapons specified for that season. Night hunting for coyotes is prohibited on LBL. Hand, mouth, or electronic calling devices are permitted. During February, center-fire rifles and handguns, and shotguns with shot size T or smaller may be used.

Legal Weapons for Small Game Hunting: Shotguns, rimfire rifles, rimfire handguns, muzzleloaders, air guns, and archery equipment according to state regulations with the following exceptions: the use of shotguns loaded with slugs or buck shot, centerfire rifles, and centerfire handguns are prohibited (see exceptions for coyotes in February on back page). Broadheads may not be used for small game hunting except for specified game during deer archery season (see Deer Hunting Information Sheet). All weapons must be cased and unloaded while being transported in a vehicle.

Last edited:
There used to be an annual get together there of predator hunters in February. I haven't been in a number of years and don't know if it's been kept alive. In past years it was run thru a different forum. There are coyotes at lbl.

Back