The Old Wise Gal

Wile E Coyotie

This picture pretty much sums up a perfect 1st set up of the day -
High vantage wide open expanses - when I talk about outshooting my rifles capabilities - u can see what i mean - -its like the world largest golf coarse- -only please note in the left corner-- Cactus everywhere --

From the mountain top 270 yrds along the green line--#969 adult male summer srcuff white sable white-
The 1st shot -was at 50 yrds straight down the hill - it looked like i over shot by a foot - on trajectory angle ??- - was great to have back up gunner on board to see running shot -take down -- lucky- 2nd shot-- note back up gunner missed -high as well

Headed North into a big ranch yesterday - where i have been many times in the past -- HuGe Country-- Big Open Raw Prairie - most of this country u cannot get around in during winter -if there is any snow at all--- We did 5 set ups -Temps by late afternoon reads 32C on Tacoma -- Morning is 12C --

2nd set up -- we have 3-5 coyotes barking at us by none show up--usually this means busted but --notes the river between us might be territory ? line - but also note river is shallow -- so nots sure --

we move on - 3rd set -- we hiked to to top of saddle-- and from the top we command everything in sight -- - deep coulee running north with green timber in it-- slight wind 5 MPH- east to west- -
-i send out a series of bark bark bark - at about 15 seconds into it -- out of no where - big wht/red dog jumps up on the bank in front of me -- 100 yrd out --- he had to come from a hole in the ground - I center and do not even think about it - send a 55 gr his way ---@3760fps - - not sure why but hit him a little aft of center and punched a big bag of gut out -. I double tapped him cuz of the struggle #970 adult male- messy sable messy -

4th set up -- Hot - like standing in hair dryer 15 MPH east winds-- smokey from N Washington fires Visibility down to 5 miles - No Show-

5th set up -- Tacoma stash in a drainage -- we hiked out onto section size -hay flat and set up by large bales that where staggered throughout the mile in front of us --
I send out the bark bark bark -- then after 3 mins hit the pup in distress -- --at about 6 mins I caught movement off to my south - 500 yrds out on a hard charging run -she come-- all day I tried to get the back up gun to go off -- and so i watched him pick up movement and cradle the little big gun-in the sticks ---I could hear him barking at the coyote as it ran right past him to find his wind -- the old wise gal-she was --he never fired on her - she looped wide and for the first 100 yrds ran hard but slowed to a trot - stopping at 237 yrds to second guess catching a 55 gr square through the shoulders #971 adult alpha female- white red white sable

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's no wonder your hammering them up there, your in COYOTE HEAVEN !!! I think a machine gun nest would be appropriate to protect that hill, lol.

Thanks for sharing, beautiful country for sure.

Nice job!

Man you sure have some really nice land down in that side of the province. Wish it was like that up here around Regina.
smile.gif

Back