Egg Shoot Rifle for 2016

R Johnson

I'm waiting on a few small parts, and the 2016 Egg Shoot rifle will be ready to assemble. Then off to Bushy"s house for one of his paint jobs. Or should I say works of art?

I would also like to thank the companies that donated parts for this years rifle.
Ritch's Precision Guns
Carnimore
New frontier Armory
Black Hole Weaponry
BTE Battle Tested Equipment
Bartz Engineering

Last edited:
The barrel is a 20" standard profile, rifle length gas, Threaded 5/8x24, machine finish with Honeycomb fluting. The caliber is 20 Practical with a 1 in 10 twist.

Oh yeah baby... Can't wait. Got a couple of ideas bouncing around in the cranium for that beauty!

Ritch, I will call you tomorrow when I get into civilization (cell service).

Why 5/8x24 as opposed to 1/2x28? Wouldn't be easier to to get a bushing adapter for smaller to bigger and not the other way around?

Originally Posted By: crapshootWhy 5/8x24 as opposed to 1/2x28? Wouldn't be easier to to get a bushing adapter for smaller to bigger and not the other way around?

See first post, one word there may give you a clue, i don't know.
unsure.gif

Originally Posted By: R Johnson
I would also like to thank the companies that donated parts for this years rifle.
Ritch's Precision Guns
Carnimore
New frontier Armory
Black Hole Weaponry
BTE Battle Tested Equipment
Bartz Engineering

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crapshootWhy 5/8x24 as opposed to 1/2x28? Wouldn't be easier to to get a bushing adapter for smaller to bigger and not the other way around?

5/8x24 is the standard size thread for a 30 caliber suppressor. Almost every one buys a 30 cal can to use on there smaller caliber barrels. Since that is the most common thread it makes since to thread the barrel to the larger size, and not use any adapter.
That's one of the benefits from using a custom barrel. You can get it shaped and threaded any way that is reasonable.

I kind of understood your thinking, but it screws those who only have 1/2x28 cans.

I'm sure it will be a nice rifle and whomever wins it will be happy with it. Thanks to you and the companies that have donated the parts and time to make it happen.

Most supressors just order the correct mount for the 5/8x24, if you win the rifle and that is not a option its a great excuse for another supressor.

Back