NEW BUILD

BAYSTATE YOTE

Hey All
Just finished this build for a new coyote rifle.
Barrel is a Black Hole Weaponry 16" pencil profile, I opted for the brake to protect the crown when I slip in Ice and Mud.
Adjustable Gas block, MagPul furniture ,ToolCraft BCG Nichol Boron plating.
Upper and lower are Aero Precision, trigger is a Giselle GS2.
Front rail assembly is a Troy Alpha Revolution carbon fiber.
I will be using a .223 55 grain Nosler Varmageddon with 26 grains of Varget propellant..

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

Last edited:
Baystate, nice gun just intime for the season! I like the pencil barrel route, nice and light.

Any plans on camoing it up? Maybe some mcnetts camo-form

Larue, I am going to stay with the black..that's camo enough for me..
GL
That load works well for me, with best accuracy and terminal results, MV 3100 out of my 18" Bushy..

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTELarue, I am going to stay with the black..that's camo enough for me..
GL
That load works well for me, with best accuracy and terminal results, MV 3100 out of my 18" Bushy..

Drop the . in front of the 26 grains.

Originally Posted By: Redleg84He's being sarcastic, you wrote .26gr of Varget.

Nice rifle, you know what it weighs?

Just like any reloading data.. Trust but verify...
thumbup1.gif

Greg

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTESorry, fat fingers! Looking for a good scale, will post weight..
The older I get the lighter I want my equipment! LOL!!

I guess that is OK. I know you only make one mistake/decade, just like me, so you got that out of the way.

I can't wait to see how it shoots for you.

Congratulations.

Greg

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEWhen I slip in Ice and Mud.
I like that part, no Ifs, always WHEN!
Good build also

I hunt in a lot deep snow, sometimes on snow shoes, going through brush to get from field to field,a few times I have fallen or slipped and had the muzzle go in the snow, so then you have to find a stick to get the snow or ice out...
Not something you want to do in the middle of a hunt, and of course you just cant chance it...

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEI hunt in a lot deep snow, sometimes on snow shoes, going through brush to get from field to field,a few times I have fallen or slipped and had the muzzle go in the snow, so then you have to find a stick to get the snow or ice out...
Not something you want to do in the middle of a hunt, and of course you just cant chance it...

That is one of two reasons I own a segemented M16 cleaning rod. It goes along on every outing and it can be followed up with a bore snake. The other reason is to knock out a stuck case or a squib. (My stepson is real good at the latter!!)

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTE The older I get the lighter I want my equipment! LOL!!

I'm only 28 and already feeling this way!! Heavy barreled AR, Versa-max with nine 3" 12GA shells and a shockwave on snowshoes gets old pretty quick. Wrist surgery this year so I may have to re-think my load out.

Gman
Surely you jest!!LOL!! This is "The Peoples Republik of Mass." no cans aloud... But yes you can bet the dogs are going to take a beating this season, thanks in part to You!!!
cool.gif

Baystate
Very nice build you have there looks nice and light.I am waiting on a barrel to get shipped back to me then I will be starting a 6.8spc11 build should be under 5 pounds.

I built one last year with a Blackhole pencil barrel,you will love it. Mine weights in at 5lbs 3ozs without optics,with the d740 its still pretty handy. I'm shooting 55 vmaxs with Varget, 3 shots touching at 100yds,or 1" 3 shot group in pitch dark.

Back