~TiLL deAth do US pArt~

Infidel 762

Staff member
Watched the sunrise from one side of the valley... Watched the sunset from the other... Watched migratory birds pass between points of equilibrium, with different possibilities... They speak of the coming autumn...

My last stand of the day was blank, but it was a tranquil view... I thought about the male I killed this morning with the sun at my back... Afternoon I went back to the same valley less than 300 yards on the other side... This stand was nothing but vocals... Almost a half hour in, I saw her snaking thru the floor below... I preset vole squeaks at low volume... She came in slow... 25-30 yards from the call;

She was a younger female;

I suspect it was her mate that I killed this morning... I brought them together one last time;

Till death do us part

Good to know the waterfowl are on the way down, Jeremy. Haven't seen any signs of them here yet. We have the "maiseros" (whistlers) here year round but not very many other species of ducks and no geese. Fun to watch the whistlers raise their chicks. The migratory waterfowl usually make their debut along with the first "norther".

Would love to set up in front of one of those small trees w/sun to my back (depending on wind direction) this time of year. Water holes are pretty productive down here in summer time but most have a lot more brush around them allowing coyotes to slip in (and sometimes out undetected).

Regards,
hm

762, another great literary write up. Are you a frickin poet or something? You always put such a romantic twist to predator hunting, definitely should write a book. "Predator Hunting Romanticized memoirs of Infidel 762". That would make a good book!
Great job! Looking forward to the next post, keep it up!

It's crazy how connected I get with your stuff. I don't stare at other photos or hold on to words from others like this. It always reminds of how peaceful it is to be by myself and appreciate every thing around me. Thank you. Ya coyote hunting is the goal but it's not everything.

Ahhh. The second half of a pair! That might be my favorite coyote to pursue. Keep on entertaining us! Looking at the last picture the markings on those two are almost identical.

Well done Jeremy!

Is he a poet? YES! He is gifted in writing! I thing he is gifted with camera too! But mostly, he is a gifted coyote hunter!

Dedication man, dedication.

He's a poet,
but just don't know it,
because his feet are Longfellows!

(OK, that was pretty corny, but anyways...)

I thought Saturday would be good. I was locked up with other things early and late though. It was kind of bright and hot middle of the day but I slipped out and banged on steel a bit to do an initial dope check on a new hunting load for the Creedmoor. I was pretty happy, drops matched Shooter exactly, no corrections, no sighters. This is 8" steel at 500 yards. A professional shooter friend of mine would call that "good dope." I ran checks at 300, 400, 500, and 600. All were dead on. Next time I will stretch it on out.

Back