Help finding parts forTasco Unertl Style Scope

Dv8Dug

My father passed away last year and I was fortunate enough to receive his awesome .219 Donaldson Wasp. I don't remember this particular scope being on there last time I saw it but a screw seems to be missing from the top. Google and the internets says this is a 'vintage' scope and the only listings I can find for any info at all seems to be expired auctions. Anybody know where I can buy parts or at least schematics to replicate this screw?
P1130705_zpstxyp6btm.jpg
P1130709_zpsabj0s5r8.jpg

You might try:
Tasco
9200 Cody
Overland Park KS 66214-1734
800-423-3537

Also you could try taking the scope to a machinist and have them look at it. The might be able to measure opening and threads and come up with something for you. I doubt that you will be able to find an original screw/knob any more. Either way good luck with your search.

Back in the 1970's I had one of these Tasco scopes on my 30-06 target rifle, mine was a 6-18x. It was a very nice scope. If I remember correctly that screw had a button machined on the end of it to keep the scope from rotating in the mounts, it didn't bottom out in the slot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWSBack in the 1970's I had one of these Tasco scopes on my 30-06 target rifle, mine was a 6-18x. It was a very nice scope. If I remember correctly that screw had a button machined on the end of it to keep the scope from rotating in the mounts, it didn't bottom out in the slot.

Looking at the pics that would make sense and a machinist should be able to make one for him.

I was hoping for the secret link or phone number but your idea of a machinist is good. I just have a real problem letting strangers see what I have.
Paranoid?...You bet!

Five years ago, the screw in the magnification ring of my 3-9 Tasco I'd bought back in the late 80s loosened and was lost. Went thru a collect of various size/thread screws and much to my surprise, found a screw that had been used in holding a globe on a ceiling fan had the correct diameter and thread. Just had to shorten it to fit properly in the magnification ring.

Theres a guy named Balintines, I think, that has dealt in scopes for years. Maybe someone more familiar than me could point you in the right direction.

Try this: Ballentine's Scopes Unlimited
Onega Kansas
785-889-4839/4161

Last edited:
Back