BIG Game Trophies

It looks like my 'gator is finally done and ready to ship.

It will be pretty unique... for about a year. My wife and I decided we're moving to Florida, going to lose some cool points since they're native to the area.

But maybe my antelope mounts will be AWESOME down there
laugh.gif

The skull from my last trip will be coming in the same box, going to bronze it. And I still have 2 hides at the tanners... If I moved today I would save a bunch in shipping
laugh.gif

Dang, that turned out nice! I need one of those.

What prompted the move to FL? Need some warmer temps?
smile.gif

Heck, I'm headed your way for a short summer vacation in a few weeks.

Hehehe, you should hear the taxi brag on himself! "Sure other people will have one, but not one done by me"
smile.gif
But he does good work so it's probably deserved.

The weather is probably 80% of the reason for the move. I've been in WY a long long time and have been tired of it for at least a decade. I was flying for a while but the weather grounds you more often than not for 9 months of the year. I like the mountains to visit every now and then but I'm always happy in the ocean. I decided there's not much point to spending your entire life somewhere you dislike with the assumption that when you're ready to die you might move somewhere nice. Day to day will be better where you're happy.

Plus the opportunities for the kids up here are really limited, looking down there seems to have a lot more to offer. My wife's job transfers easily as long as there is some sort of military base or federal agency. I'm self employed, can do real estate just about anywhere although I'll have to go through licensing all over again since fl doesn't recognize wy. That's sucks a bit.

My wife wants to travel to places like germany and france. One of my must have requirements for a vacation is I get to spend time diving. But if I live where I can do it every day, that requirement ceases to exist. I doubt anywhere will compare to Barbados (awesome place and not very expensive to go) but she's free to want
laugh.gif

So lots of reasons. I know I'm hyping it up a bit in my own head, hopefully it won't turn out like the ending of the crying game
laugh.gif

Neat looking dinosaur.
You do realize they get hurricanes down there... Right?
I couldn't deal with the humidity.

Last edited:
Have not had a hurricane in a decade here in Miami. Not as hot as one would think either. August average high is 89.8, January a frigid 75.6. Is humid though.

Ndindy,

That gator is high speed... I can only imagine the taxidermist bill on that one...

I recently picked up a couple whitetails from my taxi;

I like the dagger point on this one;

Non-typical... What I would like to consider myself
tongue_smilie.gif

Nice bucks, Jeremy; I like the triple brow on the left hand buck and all the trash on the brows of the one on the right. Are the blunt two's and three's just out of velvet or???

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Are the blunt two's and three's just out of velvet or???

There is still velvet on the clubbed tips... He has always had a gnarly rack... Here is a pic of him a couple years ago;

That is one beautiful cat/mount! Very nice buck, but I'd much rather get a cat personally.

Regards,
hm

Love all the trophies! Lots of pigs to haunt my dreams... Highplainsdrifter, Love your OTC elk. I'm hoping to go back out to Wyoming this next year and chase them with my Trad Archery gear. We have elk here in the pine ridge, But takes forever to draw and bulls are 1 in a lifetime. Most are on private farm, its like shooting at cattle when it does materialize. Seeing those beautiful public land critters is very encouraging. ROF

Filling in the blank

My "Africa" trophies (which I took in S. Texas) somehow seemed to be lacking:

Knowing that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to fill in the void myself, my son came to the rescue and, for my birthday, gave me the missing link, which he took on a recent hunt in Tanzania:

Regards,
hm

Thanks, guys. I Worry a bit about traffic on this one, too, DR, but it has been in my son's office and seems to be none the worse for the wear. The zebra rug had to go to make room for this guy which his taxidermist was waiting to deliver.

I don't have a lot of mounts and no others that I did not personally take, but this zebra is pretty special to me as my son took it on a hunt that he had invited me to take with him. Unfortunately, I was unable to go due to health and I'll never make it to Africa in the future.

Regards,
hm

This is the first Water Buffalo I ever took. Slightly unusual rifle. Lee Enfield No4 MkI chambered in 45-70. I used a 405gn Woodleigh projectile. Dream come true this hunt. But I took a swag load more while I was posted to the NT.

Back