Hunting Texas Hogs

Rudi

Hey Guys,
I won a Hunting Texas hogs hunt through their draw. Have any of you hunted with this outfit before? Hunting Texas Hogs looks like a nice place to hunt. After doing some math my 3 day 2 night hunt will cost me about 500$-800$ for travel and hog cleaning does this seem like a decent price?

For travel from ohio to texaas and back plus cleaning sounds fair to me. 300 hundred in gas and fast food on the road 120 for at least 1 night in a hotel. I am guessing 75 dollars each for cleaning. How many are they going to let you shoot.

I can shoot as many as want...They just charge you 50$ per hog up to 50lbs then 1$ per pound for any hog heavier than that.

Quote: They just charge you 50$ per hog up to 50lbs then 1$ per pound for any hog heavier than that.

That sounds high to me. A 150 pound will cost a $150 and so on, so if you kill many the cost will pile up. How many would you kill at that price?

Any idea how big this place is? I don't see it noted on their site.

Last edited:
Quote:Our Texas hog hunts begin at different times, based on the seasons. Verify the exact starting time of your hunt. All hunts are subject to availability. Most hog hunts take place at the Main Lodge Ranch of 265 game fenced acres.

Regards,
hm

I think I am going to pass on the hunt. I have some qualms about shooting on a high fenced property... Plus I can kill them much cheaper in Georgia.

Wise choice IMO. A high fence (265 acre) hunt would not be my choice either, especially considering the large number of game species offered on such a small acreage.

Regards,
hm

Back