Limits for my girls.

Switch

I took my daughters out around the cottontail opener out here in California. They were using their .17 hmrs and made shots from 60-120 yards. The limit out here is five and they each got their first cottontail limits ever. A couple of cool trips for sure. Oh yeah, the .17 hmrs they were using were the ones they each won here on this forum for being voted Hunters of the Year.

Jessica and her first cottontail limit

Jessica with her first ever cottontail

Alyssa's first cottontail limit

Dad getting in on the bunny action

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, my daughter has a rifle it's still to heavy for her to hold or carry. Can't wait til she's older enough carry it and hunt with me.

That' a great strategy, thin out the bunnies and the coyotes will come ! Looks like you had a great time and the girls are getting great practice ! Must be very good shots too ! Two very beautiful gals right there be sure to be cleaning the guns when the boys start showing up, lol. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing some fur down !

Wonderful. It doesn't get any better.

You have a beautiful family, and these times afield with your daughters are priceless.

Congratulations to the girls, and to a father who took time to teach them properly.

Tell those two lovely young ladys they did GREAT. It is always great to see the young one out hunting and
enjoying what we have been doing for years. What a proud dad you are.

Ok dad, why do you need a longer barrel and bigger scope to do what your youngsters did ?
Only kidd'n, kudos to all three of you, great memories for sure.
Keep it up & great pics.

Back