Obama Wants to Tie the UN Noose Even Tighter Around the Necks of Gun Owners

hm1996

Staff member

Quote:Obama Wants to Tie the UN Noose Even Tighter Around the Necks of Gun Owners

Obama wants more UN-styled gun control

Right now White House officials are booking flights to Mexico...... and they’re not bringing back souvenirs.
They’re on their way to the UN Small Arms Conference, to be held in Mexico City on August 24.

And they’re planning to bring back the framework for a global gun control regime.

It’s important that you contact your Senators right now and tell them to vote NO on any agreement reached at the Mexico UN conference.

Obama has already signed the UN Small Arms Treaty and it is waiting ratification by the Senate.

Obama’s global gun grabbers are jetting down to Mexico to iron out the details of this tyrannical new regime.
It requires signing nations to "establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list."
That means not just NATIONAL gun registration. You will be entered into a GLOBAL gun registration database.
Over the past century, we have seen registration lists used as a prelude to gun confiscation in countries like Rwanda, Cambodia and many more.

Gun confiscation, in turn, led to horrific genocides in many of these countries -- including Rwanda and Cambodia.
Imagine dictators around the world -- who can control the UN blue helmets (aka, the UN military force) -- having your name on record as a gun owner.
It’s preposterous! And this is why the Senate MUST kill this toxic agreement.
Please take action to defend your gun rights.

ACTION: Contact your senators now.

Tell them to vote NO on any agreement reached at the Mexico UN conference.

Regards,
hm

here's what the new york senator had to say:
Dear Mr. :

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Constitution’s Second Amendment. The recent Supreme Court decisions reinforced this fact, but I believed that this was the case prior to those decisions.

While the right to bear arms is enshrined by the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. In order to help combat illegal arms trafficking, the U.S. has in place strong weapons export control laws. U.S. efforts have helped stem the tide of the illicit weapons trade, yet in many regions of the world illicit weapons sustain deadly conflicts and regional instability. Illicit arms trafficking has undermined development efforts in Sub Sahara Africa and continues to fuel terrorist efforts in Somalia and Yemen. Just across the U.S. border, the availability of illicit weapons has strengthened organized criminal groups involved in the drug trade and human trafficking. Developing an international strategy to prevent illicit weapons trafficking is essential to our county’s efforts to combat the drug trade and human trafficking across the U.S.-Mexico border and combat terrorist organizations around the world.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced in October of 2009 that the U.S. would support U.N. negotiations on the international trade of conventional weapons under the condition they are “under the rule of consensus decision-making needed to ensure that all countries can be held to standards that will actually improve the global situation.” Former Secretary Clinton made it clear that consensus was needed because a single nation could easily exploit loopholes in the treaty to avoid regulations.

As you may know, The U.N. General Assembly adopted the Arms Trade Treaty on April 2nd, 2013, with the United States voting for adoption. The adoption of the treaty signals a broad desire to prevent illicit arms trafficking that has helped fuel terrorism, genocide and crimes against humanity. However the treaty was passed with no specific enforcement mechanisms, loopholes for gifting and leasing weapons and was not passed with universal consensus, with 3 nations voting in opposition and 23 abstaining, including U.N. Security Council members Russia and China. Although I am not a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, I look forward to reviewing this treaty for ratification if it should come to the Senate floor.

Again, thank you for contacting me regarding this important issue. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance on this or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer

United States Senator

Originally Posted By: Charles E. Schumer Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Constitution’s Second Amendment. The recent Supreme Court decisions reinforced this fact, but I believed that this was the case prior to those decisions.

Really!?
lol.gif

Sorry for the sarcasm, ny hunter and thanks for taking the time to contact your senator and post his reply.
Wanted to be clear my sarcasm was directed at Chuckie. Based on my observations, he never saw a gun control law he couldn't support.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:

"While the right to bear arms is enshrined by the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. In order to help combat illegal arms trafficking, the U.S. has in place strong weapons export control laws. U.S. efforts have helped stem the tide of the illicit weapons trade, yet in many regions of the world illicit weapons sustain deadly conflicts and regional instability. Illicit arms trafficking has undermined development efforts in Sub Sahara Africa and continues to fuel terrorist efforts in Somalia and Yemen. Just across the U.S. border, the availability of illicit weapons has strengthened organized criminal groups involved in the drug trade and human trafficking. Developing an international strategy to prevent illicit weapons trafficking is essential to our county’s efforts to combat"

NY write Chuckie back and ask him if he has heard of fast and furious since he's worried about Mexico having illegal arms.
Also might ask him why we keep supplying Terrorists weapons if he's so worried about them.

i don't put much salt in what the wolves up in albany have to say.if i still had the emails from coumo & mccarthy i'd give you guys some real good laughs.hopefully some of my brothers from ny will flood the wolf den with emails.

Thanks for the link Coverbuster and welcome to PM.

Been a while since I watched it; had almost forgotten the overwhelming desire to wipe that holier than thou, smart azz smile off of Rebecca Peters face.
lol.gif

Yes this, and untold other debates/fights have been going on a long, long time and will continue when we are all long gone, I'm sure. Some of us have been fighting the "gun grabbers" for over half a century and, while there have been some successes, there have also been some setbacks. Our strength is in numbers!

The current administration has signed onto this UN treaty in an effort to make an end run around congress, where he knows he has no chance (thanks largely to NRA) to pass such draconian laws. Now, our best chance to prevent its becoming the law of the land is for the Senate to block its ratification.

Regards,
hm

Back