Optimum Deer stand shooting window height?

The Duke

I have ordered a new shooting blind from UltraDeerTower.com

http://ultradeertowers.com/ultra-towers/

I am curious to what the most optimum shooting window height is. How about 15, 20, or even 25ft off the ground. I am still designing my tower and have only a couple days left before the shooting windows are cut. I am new to the Deer hunting scene. SO I am clueless as to what is really needed. I have always just been a varmint hunter. As it stands right now My shooting window is going to be 22ft. off the ground. on a tower that is 27ft tall. Its going to be really cool!!!

Any help on height would be awesome!!!

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't help with your question...

That is a bad [beeep] blind though! How big will the "living space" be? Big enough for a beer fridge?!

Dang! never seen or hunted out of anything like that before. Not much stand hunting here in Newer Mexico. Looks pretty comfy.
thumbup1.gif

HAHA well IT will have a heater and air conditioner in it. the towers are 8.5 ft diameter so they are pritty good size with plenty of room!!

My living space in it will have a 9ft ceiling with bunk beds and a built in gun safe into the furniture in the living room area

Originally Posted By: The DukeI have ordered a new shooting blind from UltraDeerTower.com

http://ultradeertowers.com/ultra-towers/

I am curious to what the most optimum shooting window height is. How about 15, 20, or even 25ft off the ground. I am still designing my tower and have only a couple days left before the shooting windows are cut. I am new to the Deer hunting scene. SO I am clueless as to what is really needed. I have always just been a varmint hunter. As it stands right now My shooting window is going to be 22ft. off the ground. on a tower that is 27ft tall. Its going to be really cool!!!

Any help on height would be awesome!!!

Duke did you ever get your Ultra Deer Tower ? I hope you did.

I ordered mine Over One Year ago. I paid up for the deluxe with all the extras. He NEVER delivered.

Stand height and shooting distance go hand in hand.I only hunt from above with bows.Highest I've ever gone was about 20ft.Your best bet would be to shoot some targets to see how the down angle plays out near and far.

I have never set one up higher than 12 feet to the bottom of the stand. I hunted out of a 6x8 out in the Hill Country. Even with 4 tie down wires it would still move in the hard gusts of wind. You will be able to see a long way, with 12 ft your line of sight will be almost 15. I dont think that you will need more than the 15. Nice stand, tie it down good and you will be the envy of the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Cant get him to answer his phone. For all I know he moved to Mexico!!

SO IRRITATING!!! It was promised almost 2 years ago!

Originally Posted By: The DukeCant get him to answer his phone. For all I know he moved to Mexico!!

If I had invested that much money w/no results, believe I'd drop by and find out what's going on.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: The DukeCant get him to answer his phone. For all I know he moved to Mexico!!

I'm wondering about you and Texas Farmer.

Dan is very easy to contact, and the blind you are describing is almost ready, I saw it this week, and it is beautiful. Dan was bragging on it, we talked about getting the gun safe upstairs.

I'm on my second blind, Dan completed my first, a 12', but he needed it for a PO'ed customer, so he upgraded me to a 21' blind. He will deliver and set up my blind in October.

If I could upload pics from my PC, I would show you pics of the blind you described.

Are guys declaring jihad on Dan?

No, I guess I am too nice.

I just wish I wasn't lied too. Its better to under promise and over deliver, than too over promise and not see anything. I just want my blind. haha

It will be nice if it gets completed. haha

Back