AR height rifle rests?

moonshine44

What do y'all use to support your AR's for accuracy shooting? I'm looking at getting a new rest of some sort and am looking for recommendations for AR height rests. And preferably something that won't cause me to mortgage the farm to buy it.

Anybody?

Thanks in advance!

I use the Caldwell Tack Driver Shooting bag up front and a smaller bag in the rear or nothing at all in the rear for bench shooting.

I'll use a Caldwell Lead Sled DFT at times to check to see just how accurate the rifle/optic can be setup to.

And in the field I'll use a bipod or a tripod like the Caldwell Magnum DeadShot FieldPod.

From the bench, a short bipod (6" to 9") and a rear bag of some sort. A sock filled with dry beans works fairly good and is easy to make. Apply forward pressure to the bipod and shoot. If you have a free float tube on the rifle (which you should for accuracy), you may have to drill and tap for a front stud to attach the bipod. Not really hard to do. Or just buy a front rifle rest ($50 to $500) and use a rear bag of some sort. If you go the front rest route, make sure all the mechanical points are tightened well.

Back