Suppressor Sunrise Double

g Bo

First off let me say I wished I could describe the happening like my friend Jeremy (infidel ) but let's be realistic. I do NOT have the writing and descriptive talent he has. So here goes.

I went out to help a friend get a spot ready to hunt elk on Thursday because the archery hunt started Saturday for elk and deer here in Utah. My friend had never called before so on our way home I asked him if he wanted to do a stand? He said yes. To make it a short story we walked away from the ranger called for about 10 minutes. A big male came in circling us to get the wind advantage. THWAP! V- max.
No pic

On to this morning. Left home got out into the brush, found a good looking spot. Started to call. After about 11 minutes I saw a medium sized coyote sneaking up on the call. She was about 150 yards away. Raised the rock River to the shooting stix, got into position and waited!!! She finally stepped out from behind the sage brush. Deep breath, exhale, squeeze., THWAP ! Tipped over in a cloud of dust! no movement. A content feeling came over me.
I hit the KiYi for a minute or two hopping for a double. Nothing more seemed to be happening. I called for about 10 more minutes just about ready to give up. Then I heard some birds down wind of me that sounded like the shore bird sound. So I thought, "what the heck"? I played the shore bird sound on 40 for about 20 seconds. Keep in mind I'm not buy any shore, I'm in the sage brush!
Here he comes a great big male from where I least expected it to come from. Directly downwind. He stopped at about 200 yards and started barking at me or the call not sure which. I moved the rock River and shooting stix about 110* to my left. Waiting for him to broadside. Because he was directly downwind I was nervous he would bolt any second so I took the frontal shot. Deep breath, exhale, squeeze, and listened and yes I heard the familiar sound of the v-max striking fur. What a great sound! Ain't IT? I spun and went down, still had it in my scope. It moved alittle so I shot it again for insurance.

When I retrieved them the first one had a softball sized exit hole. I really like a 60 grain v-max. The second one probably wasn't going anywhere but I've thought that a time or four before.
Thanks for reading. Keep after em!

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for giving me a worse itch than I've already had! I swear if I don't get out there soon to hear that "THWWAPPP" sound I'm gonna go insane. Congratulations on your success and no worries, none of us can write like Infidel.

Last edited:
Those coyotes are already furred up as good as they usually get down here. Thanks for sharing your hunt.

I see you found a short chair; how do you like it so far? The legs are a bit shorter than the kid's chairs so should be even better height for shooting and the back is higher, should be a lot more comfortable for long sits.

Regards,
hm

I see you found a short chair; how do you like it so far? The legs are a bit shorter than the kid's chairs so should be even better height for shooting and the back is higher, should be a lot more comfortable for long sits.

Regards,
hm [/quote]
I've actually been using this same chair for about a year and a half. I like it fine but there are some times I wished I was higher off the ground.
Take care

Awfully familiar looking spot
grin.gif

I haven't started packing the rifle yet, just been calling them in for fun and picture taking. I think you might have killed two of my models there, ha-ha
grin.gif

Been thinking I might be wise to get out soon and kill a bunch for bounty/gas money before somebody else beats me to them. I'm just sort of having too much fun taking pictures for now though, and just generally prefer to wait for dispersal to start the killing. I'm not religious about it or anything though!

- DAA

I love these kind of write ups. It's like reading a magazine article- complete with pictures. I don't do a ton of summer hunting but it's fun to see what others are doing. Thanks.

Back