Anyone use Match Grade Machine barrels?

pyscodog

Do to the fact of the shortage of 35 Remington brass, I swapped my 35 Contender barrel today for a MGM barrel in 223. I have a bunch of it. I heard they are good barrel made from Shilen blanks. Figure a barrel I have ammo for is better than one I don't.

Last edited:
Back when these guys were part of Virgin Valley Custom Guns, I
got a Tactical 20 Encore barrel from them. It's more accurate
than a couple of my bolt actions.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogDo to the fact of the shortage of 35 Remington brass, I swapped my 35 Contender barrel today for a MGM barrel in 223. I have a bunch of it. I heard they are good barrel made from Shilen blanks. Figure a barrel I have ammo for is better than one I don't.

I talked to a rep from MGM recently and I was told they are using Green Mountain Blanks

Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanOriginally Posted By: pyscodogDo to the fact of the shortage of 35 Remington brass, I swapped my 35 Contender barrel today for a MGM barrel in 223. I have a bunch of it. I heard they are good barrel made from Shilen blanks. Figure a barrel I have ammo for is better than one I don't.

I talked to a rep from MGM recently and I was told they are using Green Mountain Blanks

I'm not sure how old my barrel is. I just heard at one time they used Shilen. Guess it really doesn't matter, its mine now. LOL

i have four MGM barrels, 20 vartarg, 22-250ai, 6.5 creedmoor and 444 marlin. i just really luv them. each shots under .75" at 100 yards and the 20 vartarg and the 22-250ai shoots .1-.2". they are simply just awesome!

Last edited:
I've got a 13" .30-30 Ackely Improved barrel from MGM and I think it's great. Nicely finished and very accurate.

Troy9Oct08AntBuck1.jpg

Troy10OctAntDoe1.jpg

Back