Where to buy bolt and mags for 6x6.8

PM sent for CS.

Actually I'm "the guy" The barrel was throated short. Not unsafe but longer gives more options for he reloader.

No one in their right mind will guarantee any barrel under a MOA that is sold as barrel only. Assembly of the upper has a lot to do with it. It's a wildcat and who knows how competent the reloader is. Then there is the guy at the trigger switch. Many guys can't shoot MOA with a bench rest rifle. My Stepson is one of them.

I taught wannbee M/O's, snipers, for the FEDS for many years and some of my kids really couldn't hold an MOA with guns that I routinely could do 0.5 MOA at 200 yards with using factory ammunition. I wish I had a dollar for every, "This gun won't shoot" comment from other guys at a range and I end up showing them that it does shoot with their ammo and rig.

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eugene CanterburySo Greg are all the 6x6.8 barrels throated short, or was just his?

They got a reamer that was short throated and did a half dozen or so before it showed up. It was one that was actually used during the original cartridge development and the company sent print #2 instead of print #5 of the reamer. BHW had destroyed the original test reamer so it didn't get swapped into the line up. It's hard to eyeball 0.025 on a new one when you are comparing one that is worn out to it.

I think I've dealt with about four personally. Two fellows got them that I've talked with and when you have a barrel shooting in the 2's you don't bother to fix it. They actually have a barrel better for pure magazine length accuracy and they loved it. That being said the factory ammunition for the round was too long for the reamer.

It takes a bit of time to get a replacemnt though I try to expedite them for the guys as does Ritch. We know what's cooking when an odd deal shows up. Phones and e-mails are wonderful for issues and getting things rolling.

I know that all across the country you can look at barrel issues and it is invariably the reamer being sent to the guy making the barrel. Almost a national disaster two years ago over the Grendel and Grendel II blow up. Lots of hurt butts and harsh words. People showed their true personalities and many were disillusioned by the borderline psychotic stuff that went on. BHW just tries to deal with issues calmly.

Ritch has built me exactly one upper that had problems and we got it fixed in about six week. I didn't have a cow, they didn't have a cow and the PD's suffered.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Eugene CanterburySo Greg are all the 6x6.8 barrels throated short, or was just his?

They got a reamer that was short throated and did a half dozen or so before it showed up. It was one that was actually used during the original cartridge development and the company sent print #2 instead of print #5 of the reamer. BHW had destroyed the original test reamer so it didn't get swapped into the line up. It's hard to eyeball 0.025 on a new one when n you are comparing one that is worn out to it.

I think I've dealt with about four personally. Two fellows got them that I've talked with and when you have a barrel shooting in the 2's you don't bother to fix it. They actually have a barrel better for pure magazine length accuracy and they loved it. That being said the factory ammunition for the round was too long for the reamer.

It takes a bit of time to get a replacemnt though I try to expedite them for the guys as does Ritch. We know what's cooking when an odd deal shows up. Phones and e-mails are wonderful for issues and getting things rolling.

I know that all across the country you can look at barrel issues and it is invariably the reamer being sent to the guy making the barrel. Almost a national distaste two years ago over the Grendel and Grendel II blow up. Lots of hurt butts and harsh words. People showed their true personalities and many were disillusioned by the borderline psychotic stuff that went on. BHW just tries to deal with issues calmly.

Ritch has built be exactly one upper that had problems and we got it fixed in about six week. I didn't have a cow, they didn't have a cow and the PD's suffered.

Greg

Thanks for clearing it up so cleanly. Assumptions and rumors can wreak havoc like the Grendel issue you mention.

Not any problem clearing things up. I guess it drives me nuts to see the shooting world tear itself apart over misinformation, cartidge wars and childish sacred cows. There are guys that own one chambering and by golly anyone that has something else is a panty wearing scum sucking pig if they sense any disparaging thoughts about thier precious.

Greg

PS: I can't throw rocks at many cartridges as I probably have at least one of them in the safe...lol

So what you are saying for the trouble barrels is, if they won't chamber and extract the 1 factory load they make, your barrel is a short throat then? I betting that 95% of the guys that have this chamber are hand loaders though.

Originally Posted By: Eugene CanterburySo what you are saying for the trouble barrels is, if they won't chamber and extract the 1 factory load they make, your barrel is a short throat then? I betting that 95% of the guys that have this chamber are hand loaders though.

I have no idea on that. Black Hole doesn't produce ammunition. Tactical Ammunition makes and sells it and I have only talked to one guy that's bought any. That was two years ago.

You are correct in that 99% of these are shot by handloaders.

Greg

Ritch helped me through this problem with my own 6X6.8. In fact I think he may have discovered the problem on my barrel. Anyhow my take on the situation is that they have done a good job correcting the mistake. And while I fall into the "cant shoot MOA with a benchrest gun" category, I have shot some great groups with my gun. I am also a handloader, although likely not very talented. I do not know how far out I should be able to seat bullets. But I do know how far out I need to seat my bullets to get good results.

This is what I love about this site, most of the time people contribute in a positive manner in order to help others. Thanks to everyone involved in this chambering for sharing information.

I have BHW 20" 6x6.8 and I bought my bolt and mags from Daniel defense. Not the cheapest but I know they are quality parts. Today a friend and I both shot several groups right at or under 1/2. The load is hand loaded 65 gr vmax. Easy to form and easy to load. I can say nothing but good things abut this cartridge.

Back