nosler 6.8spc brass

midwestpredator

Anyone have experience with nosler or ssa 6.8 brass? I've read about early reports(since nosler took over ssa) that it is not as good as the older ssa stuff but I'm wondering if they have turned things around.

No they have not turned it around. I have a stock of old SSA. I have named each one. I feel the FC is superior at this time loaded sanely.

Greg

I ran SSA srp brass and then got R-P LRP brass and it just seems to perform much better than the others and never an issue with pushing them. The R-P brass has over 16 loads on them & no lost ones due to pockets or necks. I feel the hornady brass is better than SSA from shooting them both. Seems the ssa brass is just "soft", lost a few to loose pockets and necks splitting on some of my loads. I have no FC brass or nosler.

I have had great luck with the older ssa but have no knowledge or experience with the new noslers stuff. I found a few hundred hornady brass a while back so that is what I will be using next

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERThis is real great. I just bought a bag of SSA brass, I guess I will see how good it is.

If it makes you feel any better I think I'm going to be the Ginny pig on the nosler stuff. Still deciding though.

At the time I was just glad to get some brass. Guess I am still happy to have it. I haven't seen much around here.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: GLShooterNo they have not turned it around. I have a stock of old SSA. I have named each one. I feel the FC is superior at this time loaded sanely.

Greg

Is loading to same spec's as the 6x6.8 spc factory round what you call sane?

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: GLShooterNo they have not turned it around. I have a stock of old SSA. I have named each one. I feel the FC is superior at this time loaded sanely.

Greg

Well yes since we pressure tested it and I helped set the factory load specs. I would call it sane at a nice cushion on SAAMI for the 6.8.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: GLShooterNo they have not turned it around. I have a stock of old SSA. I have named each one. I feel the FC is superior at this time loaded sanely.

Greg

Well yes since we pressure tested it and I helped set the factory load specs. I would call it sane at a nice cushion on SAAMI for the 6.8.

Greg

Good I didn't want to go insane.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: GLShooterNo they have not turned it around. I have a stock of old SSA. I have named each one. I feel the FC is superior at this time loaded sanely.

Greg

Greg

Good I didn't want to go insane.
smile.gif

Don't need that happening. We all have a bit of insanity cooking anyway playing this game.
glare.gif

Greg

Back