Long range ground hog hammer

1up5down

Since selling my 6SLR,I have been wanting another varmint rifle in a 6MM caliber.After a lot of searching,I finally picked it up.

Rifle specs:

Smithed by Mark King

BAT B 3LL action w/ 20moa rail

Kreiger barrel 1.25 no taper 1-10 twist finished @30" chambered in 6MMAI

Shurley Bros stock

Jewell trigger

Rings will be either Nightforce or Mark4's

Scope will be a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 w/ the MOA-2 reticle

[img:center][/img]

Rifle weighs a little over 20 lbs. before I add scope and rings so it will be shot primarily off a bench.

Plan on shooting the 87's with a stout load of N160.

Should be able to reach way out there and touch em!!!

That is SWEET!!! I love every thing about that one, I had one built last year on a Defiance Deviant LA with a 29" Bartlien 8 twist tube (I wish I would have went with a 10 twist) I had planned on using mostly the 105's but the 87Vmax is working out really well, major damage on big chucks.

What are you using for brass?

I have a very real feeling that come next year's prairie dog season I am going to get a chance to see just how well this rifle shoots. If it shoots anywhere near as well as the rifle this one is replacing then this is going to be some deadly medicine on some pasture pooches.

I guess that I am going to have to put the hurry up on my next 6mm so that I can at least try to keep up with you, eh Dave?

Very nice gun. You really did well this time. You sure did.

Originally Posted By: Eugene CanterburyLooks like you and rustydust will be murder incorporated next summer in a far away pasture.

Shucks, a few weeks ago Dave was killing them at over 500 yards with just a .223 Remington. What am I going to so when he puts this bad boy into action?

Dave would just do anything to show me up. He is still pissed off at me for outshooting him last year with his own gun I guess!
smile.gif

Very Nice!!! That is a a beautiful rifle. I have a BAT B action on my palma rifle and it is a dream. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

Good luck!!

Nick

Thanks for the compliments guys. The pics don't do this rifle justice. The BAT action is unbelievable.

As far as velocity,should be pushing the 87's at 3600-3700.

Going to use Norma 7x57 brass.

Originally Posted By: 1up5downThanks for the compliments guys. The pics don't do this rifle justice. The BAT action is unbelievable.

As far as velocity,should be pushing the 87's at 3600-3700.

Going to use Norma 7x57 brass.

3600 easy I was just running some 87vmax over the Magneto speed today at just over 3600 (groundhogs worst nightmare) with no pressure signs using H4350
Norma 7x57 brass and Fed 210M primers

Back