Evolva T20 IR torch

TCS

Hey, just wanted to post a quick heads up/review. Was heading out 2 weeks ago on a trip and wanted to bring my PVS14 along. Pulled out my IR flashlight and low and behold it's dead. (cheap UF 501, no surprise). Needing it quickly, I decide to check amazon since I have prime and can get free 2 day shipping.

Ended up buying an Evolva T20 IR torch. Now, I've never used the torch pro, LLTL-001, or IK2 so I really don't have a way of comparing it to those higher end units but compared to anything I've used before this thing is insane. For $40 I can't see how I could lose out. It's brighter than any other IR I've seen before (admittedly a short list) and it zooms down to a super tight spot light just like a t20. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there if anybody else is looking for a cheap IR torch option.

Thanks for the info. Where did you get the Evolva T20? That's a great price, especially if it compares to the other common ones.

I have both the LLTL-001 and the 3-mode T-20. The T-20 on the highest setting and the LLTL-001 are about the same in brightness, and they have the exact same appearance. I really can't tell much difference. I too have never used the Torch Pro.

I got one a few months back. I really like it. While I was at it I got one of these as well...

613D0MR166L._SX425_.jpg

I ran a torch pro on 2 different rigs...until I tried the sniper hog lights IR module with dimmer switch tail cap and 55 head. Now a torch only comes out if someone goes with me and uses the second gun.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
TCS, is the Evolva T20 torch a single mode?

Nope. 3 output levels.

My only real complaint so far is that the switch is quite a loud click. Even the rat tail that I got with it is pretty loud.

That's a good price DoubleUp. Personally I would like a single mode since I already have the T-20 in 3-mode.

It will only be a single mode if you just use a single mode.
smile.gif
Remember once you set the mode and leave it on for two seconds it will return to that setting each time.

Back