Anybody shoot 20 cal nosler 40 gr bt bullets.

varmit_master

My wife pick me up a box of 40 gr nosler 250 ct box . The store had them for 38.00 dollars . She bought them for me I love her when it comes to buying me reloading stuff. I have RL10 15 h4895 varget benchmark tac 332. Can anybody give me some data on them and how they work out of the 204. I will use them on coyotes and don't care about the hole . Some of the coyotes have the mange . I have a 1@10 twist barrel. Thank.

Originally Posted By: 450 DakotaThey should be good in a 1-10 twist. My Remington has a 1-12 and they wouldn't group well. Went to 39 gr Sierra and they worked.

My Savage M12 with the 1-12" twist did not like them but now that it is wearing a CBI barrel with a 1-11" twist it shoots them just fine. I dont know why all the .204 makers do not make either the 1-10" twist or the 1-11" twist standard. They must have their reasons I suppose.

I know I don't know why they may them all in a 1@14 and 1@12. A few in a 1@10 glad I got it. I like the 1@10. It will shoot the 40 gr ones.

Ritch just shot some 40 Noslers this morning in his 20 Practical. He said they kicked butt and took names. It was a 1:10 Black Hole. It's going coyote killing in the AM.

Greg

Good luck let me know how good they work on coyotes. What powder are you using? I am using RL10 with 39 gr bking 5 shot group you can cover with a dime.

Originally Posted By: varmit_masterGood luck let me know how good they work on coyotes. What powder are you using? I am using RL10 with 39 gr bking 5 shot group you can cover with a dime.

He was using Benchmark.

Greg

Works well on yotes but the sierra shot better and works as well.I would shoot what ever bullet was the most accurate just stay away from the 32gr bullets don't work well.

Back