Where to buy bolt and mags for 6x6.8

Coyotejunki

Ordered a 6x6.8 barrel from Rich's site during the sale. Now I need a bolt, mags, and brass.

Where are you guys getting your stuff?

If I am remembering right, stag has the best price on 6.8 bcg. Asc mags from midway and for brass, give lwrci a call. They used to sell 1x fc brass

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorIf I am remembering right, stag has the best price on 6.8 bcg. Asc mags from midway and for brass, give lwrci a call. They used to sell 1x fc brass

Yep on that though I get my mags direct from ASC. BTW I'm shooting 6.5 Grendel mags in all my 6.8's. I get more versatility but for the life of me I'm not seeing any structural difference of any concern.

Forget the Nosler/SSA brass and the Hornady is not much better IMHO.

Greg

Originally Posted By: ExCavTankerOriginally Posted By: CoyotejunkiQuote:Asc mags from midway and for brass, give lwrci a call

Who is lwrci?

https://www.lwrci.com/p-339-once-fired-brass-casings-68mm.aspx

Looks like they don't have 1x fired brass at the moment.

These guys^^^^. I would call and talk to them. When I bought some they didn't have any on website but they were taking names for a wait list. I put my name down and it was maybe 2 weeks or so till I was called. This was 2 years ago so the wait might be more or less.

ETA: The CS was great and they were pleasant folks to do business with!

Last edited:
I got 500 pieces of Federal from Mike at DTech. Federal is literally out the door from his shop. I got the brass with my upper. Not sure if he just keeps it around for his rifle cusotmer or if it is up for grabs first come first served.

I just received my 6x6.8 barrel after a long 14 week wait! I bought my mags directly from asc and my bcg from cmt tactical i think they have just bolts too. I've seen a few good deals for brass on gun broker you just have to check often.

Got all my 6.8 stuff from midwayusa as they had it all. I see the bolt is now $20 more than it was last year though.

I have a DPMS 6.8spc bolt - either from Midway or Brownells, I can't recall, and ASC mags.

Unfortunately, all I have for brass are Rem LRP and Hornady.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Varminterror
Unfortunately, all I have for brass are Rem LRP and Hornady.
frown.gif

^^^ That brass is excellent at least in my 6x6.8. The ssa stuff sits in a box un used as a back up.

The barrel that I received from them in 6x6.8 was chambered improperly. Based upon my experience I would check your barrel out carefully before you shoot it. They were outstanding in their approach in taking the barrel back. To be honest I am a bit concerned as to how the barrel was shipped to me the way it was. I have not received my new barrel as of yet and have no idea when I will receive it. Time will be the ultimate judge on how well I view this purchase but at the moment huge doubts linger over me. I understand that no one is perfect and that it is best to give the benefit of the doubt. All I can say is that it better be a shooter.

Originally Posted By: JLB-MTThe barrel that I received from them in 6x6.8 was chambered improperly. Based upon my experience I would check your barrel out carefully before you shoot it. They were outstanding in their approach in taking the barrel back. To be honest I am a bit concerned as to how the barrel was shipped to me the way it was. I have not received my new barrel as of yet and have no idea when I will receive it. Time will be the ultimate judge on how well I view this purchase but at the moment huge doubts linger over me. I understand that no one is perfect and that it is best to give the benefit of the doubt. All I can say is that it better be a shooter.

What was wrong with your barrel? And are you talking about a black hole weaponry barrel?

Originally Posted By: JLB-MTThe barrel that I received from them in 6x6.8 was chambered improperly. Based upon my experience I would check your barrel out carefully before you shoot it. They were outstanding in their approach in taking the barrel back. To be honest I am a bit concerned as to how the barrel was shipped to me the way it was. I have not received my new barrel as of yet and have no idea when I will receive it. Time will be the ultimate judge on how well I view this purchase but at the moment huge doubts linger over me. I understand that no one is perfect and that it is best to give the benefit of the doubt. All I can say is that it better be a shooter.
What a first post....
Lots of accusations and very little specific information. Probably should let this work it self out with whoever it is with rather than pooping on a thread with your first post because your not pleased. Stuff happens from time to time nobody is perfect.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: JLB-MTThe barrel that I received from them in 6x6.8 was chambered improperly. Based upon my experience I would check your barrel out carefully before you shoot it. They were outstanding in their approach in taking the barrel back. To be honest I am a bit concerned as to how the barrel was shipped to me the way it was. I have not received my new barrel as of yet and have no idea when I will receive it. Time will be the ultimate judge on how well I view this purchase but at the moment huge doubts linger over me. I understand that no one is perfect and that it is best to give the benefit of the doubt. All I can say is that it better be a shooter.
What a first post....
Lots of accusations and very little specific information. Probably should let this work it self out with whoever it is with rather than pooping on a thread with your first post because your not pleased. Stuff happens from time to time nobody is perfect.

Not sure what you were reading, he did say that they were outstanding in taking it back. That's very nice to hear. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you handle them. That's reassuring. I'd like to know what was wrong though. As I have a brand new 6x6.8 barrel sitting here. Mine looks and seems fine. So I'm curious. It's the 1st post of a nearly 4 year member.

My barrel was a BHW that I ordered during their Shot Show promotion. It was chambered in 6x6.8. My intention was to use it on long range ground squirrels, coyotes and perhaps antelope. Everyone always portrays BHW barrels as being accurate and of high quality. Hence, I was not hesitant to place my order..

After compiling load data for the components that I had, I began assembling some loads. To my dismay the rounds would chamber but upon extracting the round the bullet would remain lodged in the barrel. After a long session of reviewing all my die settings and load data and determining all to be fine with the exception that my bullets had to be seated extremely deep. I was very concerned with excessive pressure. Befuddled, I posted a question on a forum that I believe is affiliated with BHW as to why my bullets had to be seated so deep. I almost immediately received a communication that they wanted the barrel back. It seems that they had some reamer issues at the time they manufactured my barrel.

I have not received my barrel back as of this writing. Nor am I convinced that I want it back. Subsequent discussions with their people leave me with some serious questions about whether I will ever have the confidence in their product. The person I am communicating with is nice enough but it appears that they ream a chamber and no further testing is undertaken. They assure me that it will shoot 1 moa which is good but not great. I have low quality barrels that achieve that standard. They tried to tell me that I would have no harmful effect from shooting the barrel that originally was sent to me. I sincerely doubt that as the seating depth of the bullets needed to chamber a round would have likely created excessive pressure.. I only came with one set of eyes and ten fingers.

Last edited:
I have a few bhw barrels and they all shoot nicely. As I understand it they run barrels as the orders come in, so it sounds like they have your order in line for a new barrel. What bullet were you loading when you had trouble? And we're you running the redding die, or the c4hd die?

Back