Sometimes they are not DRT

I went out for the first time this year to a new area. My first call I started out with Rabbit sounds because there was a ton of Rabbits running around, about four minutes in I switched to Pup in Distress and about four minutes after that I see a Coyote sitting on an out cropping of rocks about four hundred yards away. I run a Night Force on my Rifle and I made the necessary adjustments. After that I hit Rabbit sounds again and the Coyote hops up and starts moving away so I hit Puppy Distress again and the Coyote slows and hesitates, so I made my shot and as I pulled the Trigger I pulled my shot and broke a hind leg. Sometimes they get away which is a bummer.

I drove about two miles and found another spot to call. I started with Rabbit sounds and after about four minutes I switched to Puppy Distress again and about nine minutes in this one came in from behind me and to the right. He had to run right by my truck when he came in. He was about two hundred yards out and didn't like it after a few seconds and started straight away from me and with a twenty cent bullet he went from Bruce to Caitlyn with the squeeze of a Trigger. It took me another shot and it was over with.

Looking back from the Coyote that finger coming off that ridge I was sitting at the top of it.

The next call all I called in was a Magpie.
The fourth call as I was driving in I scared a couple herds of Antelope in the direction I wanted to call, this was low rolling hills with pockets of Sage and distance was deceiving. At about twelve minutes I spot movement and I was thinking it was an Antelope way out there going away from me, but it wasn't moving like one so I looked through my scope and it was a Coyote I ranged it at five hundred twenty yards which was about five hundred closer than I thought it was. It was paralleling the top of the ridge and going away.
It got away.
I made one other call and after that I called it because of the heat.

I don't think a Ghillie is needed to call with. I made on this summer anyways.
Since I can't take a very good selfie with it on and actually show what it looks like. I laid it on some Sage and took this picture.
I think I need to change my hat a little it is to the right of my Chair and my Jacket is to the left. I took this about thirty yards away.

Sorry I put this in the wrong spot.

Edited by TrapShooter12 (4 seconds ago)

Learn from other Peoples mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself.

Vote your Second Amendment and the rest of the Constitution will follow.

It's never to early to panic

Dang there's lost souls that pay good money for that transition. You're doing it cheaper than obamacare and by accident.
scared.gif
lol

I can see where it would be hard to see them in that terrain. Ghille suit must work, can't see it, lol. Nice shooting !

Back