Another out of control cop shoots guy in the head

Eugene Canterbury

Pulled over by university police for no front tags. Good thing the cop was wearing a video recorder. All cops should be required by law. Without the video it's almost guaranteed this cop would walk. The cop didn't even get dragged like he originally he said. The shooting is at about 5:55 in the video. The guy didn't even do anything. And the cop never said he saw a weapon. Almost seems like the guy never put it in park. And when the cop went to open the guys car door, he moved his foot off the brake. If any cops are against videos, they are committing crimes and want to cover it up. The cop wasn't even on university property. The DA even called it a chicken $hit stop. Normally the th DA covers up for the cops. So this must be bad. I wonder if other officers will cover for him. I can't believe how fast he pulled his gun. This cop is going away for a long time. As he should.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/you-wont...ill-sam-dubose/

Did you even watch the video of body cam? The officer asks man to step out and the man grabs the door and closes it, then starts car as officer is yelling to get off. The man takes off and gun comes out, then goes off. Looks to me like gun went off when window frame hits him as car moves.

Sad event for the public to see once again. Doesnt matter why your pulled over. It gives you no right to run from cop. While I am not saying the cop had the right to fire at man, he still should have not ran. It's ridiculous how the public forgets how to act in the face of the law. Our Leo are out under a microscope, right or wrong. The only thing that stays the same is that they are the law we are not. While I do not agree with all cops and how they conduct them selves, we still have to respect laws. Fight the ticket later, but don't think that you can just run off drunk while cop is telling you to do something and think your going to get away with it.

I live here in Cincinnati and people are already talking about riots. It's sickening....the familly just got off the news and said please do not riot....but it will happen. It gives people reason to act like morons and destroy the city.....sickening.

Of course I watched the video. A few times actually because I couldn't believe what I saw. The car rolled away after he was shot. Where did you find the guy was drunk? The bottle looked full and unopened. The most problem I have is, again a cop tried to lie, contrary to the video. So it's great to see this guy is going to sit for years. You are right, get your ticket and fight in the court. But also cops just can't shoot people for nothing. This cop is a university cop. He wasn't even on the university grounds. Pulling a guy over for not having a front tag is harassment to me. I bet this cop gas a lot of other issues we will find.

Oh so you are trying to say the door hit the cops finger and that made him pull the trigger.

Also we are going to find out the other cop there was trying to cover for the killer cop. The video is what did this cop in. Every cop needs to wear one while on the job. They have proven to be less than honest everytime.

There was a report on the radio this morning that the man driving was intoxicated. I could be mistaken. However the video to me looks like man was intoxicated. And I agree there were mistakes made on cops behalf....the part of this that makes me absolutely sick to my stomach is that fact that the media is condoning what the man driving did. I don't give a chit if the cop pulls you over because your car looks purple....you stop your vehicle and do as your told. PERIOD. That man didn't know that the cop was a campus cop or not....he knew he was a cop. And non the less he was a LEO, with authority. The media makes this man out to be a hero for trying to run from the cops. He wouldn't answer the cops questions, he wouldn't produce an idea, and he closed door started car and tried to drive off....NO NO NO and NO. Sit there and answer the questions and I bet nothing would have ever happened. And now the public is going to think its ok to just tell the cops to pizz off and run.

I have family and several friends in Law Enforcement, and they are hamstrung by the media. They can't defend them selves or do their jobs without being scrutinized by the morons on TV. And what's worse is that public believe what they see on TV about this....they actually believe it all! Not 2 months ago we lost a officer of CPD due to an unstable man making a fake 911 call, luring the cops in and then killing one of them, on order to have suicide by cops. A 20+ year veteran of the law lost his life because some piece of dirt wanted to take his OWN life. Now guess what, that mans life was memorialized on TV. WHY? Because he killed a cop that was doing his job. Explain that backwards mentality.

Again, I am not saying this cop was right for killing this man, if he did intentionally try to shoot him. But it is ridiculous that we defend the man that was killed for trying to run from the Cops.

Im tired of cops pulling people over for chicken chit reasons. Even the prosecutor said that it was just that. Cops won't ever get pure blind respect from me or most people I know. Respect is a 2 way street. And cops better realize they are their own worst enemies. This stuff is happening every week now. It's not abnormal. Cops are simply not even trusted by most people anymore. Time for cops to clean up their own house. This cop is going to jail for a very long time, and yes only 25 years old. It's the best years of his life he will be sitting in a cage. Hopefully he kills himself and saves you tax payers some money. Cops have to much power, and need to be filmed while on duty. They have been proven to be liars. It's just that simple. The good cops should call out their peers if they want our support. When my tax dollars are used to abuse use. That doesn't deserve any respect. You earn it where I live. Maybe you bow down to authority, but I never will.

This goes with every single profession out there. People abuse the system and LEO are no different. I have been pulled over several times by dumbase cops for dumbase reasons and have absolutely no hesitation to express to them how I feel about the situation. But I do not disobey them or try and run. I know I have done nothing wrong, and express that. I 100% agree that respect is a 2 way street and have this exact argument with the people I know in Law Enforcement. You want my respect, show me respect in return. AGAIN, that does not mean I disobey or run. Now the media is basically saying its ok to do so. Feeding the public in this war on the cops. Before long they will have no rights, and when people need them they will be no where to be found....and before you say it. I feel no need for law enforcement to protect me, this is a generalized statement for the public that feel the need to bash on a situation they have no idea about.

Too many kids that were bullied in school are now cops trying to make up for it in their adult life. But one more time, this doesn't mean you can run or not obey laws.

This guy is just a terrible cop. He makes them all look bad. And then the most damning thing is that he put in his report that a physical altercation took place and he had to shoot him. Then the video showed nothing like it at all. The guy pulled out a gun and shot him in the head. The DA said this wasn't the brightest cop, by trying to tell a opposite story than the video shows. This is why all cops must be on video. The last few cops arrested for murder told complete lies compared to the video. This cop and the one in South Carolina. And now both are in jail awaiting trial. These cops are dangerous criminals that need to be locked away. Having a badge and a gun and a power trip is a recipe for disaster. It just seems that a lot of young cops amongst us are ticking time bombs of criminality. I'll agree with you that most young cops now were [beeep] in school and now want to be tough guys. But even running from the cops for not having your front plate on is not a reason to get shot. The cop should of lied better. Maybe say he thought he saw a gun. This cop is going down for many years. And the university will be paying out many millions of dollars to this family. I see now at least the cop was finally just fired this afternoon.

I don't know..

I watched it, and if I was sitting on the jury, i wouldn't find him guilty based on what i saw..

Pulling someone over for expired tags is a reason to interface. I don't find issues with that, i do have an issue with the Campus police pulling him over off campus. I thought the bottle looked full and sealed, but wasn't there. I don't think he came off as drunk, but hey, i wasn't there.

I saw the cop ask him to get out, and then a kind of struggle happened, and then he was shot. It wouldn't surprise me that he had a suspended lic. or warrent. based on his behavior.
But those key moments were hard to see exactly happened and doesn't get me to beyond a reasonable doubt. I couldn't tell if he was being dragged, or not.

I do see they charged him. fine, it's clear they did that to prevent the rioting (so they hope) and they do have probable cause, so fine they charge him, but I don't see it going far.

I do think they should have body camera's on every single police officer. I would agree that most do their job, and they have as good as memory as anyone else as to what happened, but film is clearer and takes the he said she said out of it.

All he had to do was comply, get out and go through the actions, if it was wrong, he could sue, or file a complaint. Now he is dead. Just do as ordered, then sue them into the stone ages.

I would assume rioting will not happen tonight....it just started to rain. That should hold rioters at bay until storm passes.

So you feel even if he started to drive away the cop was allowed to shoot the guy? This was a traffic stop. It wasn't a suspect in a robbery or murder. The cop wasn't even almost run over. I know everyone sees things differently, but I just can't see shooting the guy, other than he is black.

i do not care if the guy was black or white. being stopped for no front plate is b.s. the guy said he did not have his license on him, the cop could have easily run his name to find out what the guy's story was.
that cop was itching for a reason to escalate the situation.

i have been in that situation myself before, pulled over for no front plate. just an excuse to fish for anything else.

let that and other cops like him burn. i am personally sick of being harassed by cops like that. i have even been prosecuted for unprovable crimes that i did not commit because of a crooked cop. just a few months back i spent $31k to try to defend myself from a malicious prosecution. My attorney suggested i take a plea deal, pretty hard to prove a cop with no camera and no witnesses is a liar.

how about the woman that "hung" herself in police custody? pulled over for failure to signal a lane change. cop did not like her attitude and took her to jail. if what i heard was correct, she was in jail for 3 days before her death. jail for 3 days for a failure to signal a lane change?

i have been pulled over by small town chicken chit cops for just about everything there is.
no front plate
dirty license plate
failure to signal lane change
not wearing a seat belt (59 ford did not come with them)
cracked windshield
out tail light
one dim headlight (working, but not full bright)
loud exhaust
making a 'u' turn (so sign prohibiting)

i was even pulled over once because the cops were told that i was someone else.

So...what your saying is this gives someone the right to run once pulled over?

I have been pulled over for my fair share of ignorant items over the years but nerd cops that were picked on in school trying to prove a point. I loose my mind over these people....I get pulled over for this BS while there are drug dealers selling heroin on every corner fueling the over whelming heroin epidemic on our area. COME ON. BUT IT GIVES ME NO RIGHT TO RUN FROM A COP WHILE HE IS QUESTIONING ME!!

For the decent cops out there, trying to do their jobs, trying to make a difference this is very dangerous actions for them. The media is condoning sketchy activity towards cops. The decent cops are set up to fail, whether by the media, or in a lot of cases from other cops being pricks. Either way I can tell you one thing, there is no way I would want to be in their shoes. Knowing each morning when they head to work that the majority of the world is against them, and people want them dead. People trying to make a difference that is.

I know a lot of moron cops that are out to prove a point, pulling people over for silly junk like no front license plates. And I also know a lot of the cops you never hear about. The ones that are making large drug busts, trying to rid the world of the over bearing heard of vermin. Unfortunately they are all now under the microscope of the media and the world that has no clue what they go through. I believe a lot of actions can be misenturpreted, while other things are black and white. But that doesn't matter any more....hating LEO is the new fad that's in, and its not going anywhere. It will take an effort of the media to shut their faces, and the police forces taking care of their own from the inside.

There is a reason why people don't trust cops, its because most everybody has an experience of dealing with them over pure bullchit. People hate cops because they harass people over dumb chit way to much. Everybody on here has a story to tell I'm sure. So stop acting like most cops are just little angels. This is widespread. And then to watch most cops get away with nearly everything, and then bicth and moan how they don't want cameras on them. Well tough. You don't like it get another job. You aren't entitled to any job. It's time to put a camera on every cop. They simply can't be trusted. And the so called good cops never call out the bad ones. Show me the here its happened? The only times I found it happened the cops were retaliated against. Blaming the media is like blaming legal gun owners for gun crime. Stop doing it. You well know there is a huge amount of bad cops. Just look at every last department, and look at the number of corruption scandals. It's in every department. I'm tired of hearing its only 1 bad cop. This stuff is going to blow up now because cops are proven to be liars, and now must be on camera while at work. These last few shootings have proven why cops need cameras. They lost the arguement by being dishonest.

Originally Posted By: 6724i do not care if the guy was black or white. being stopped for no front plate is b.s. the guy said he did not have his license on him, the cop could have easily run his name to find out what the guy's story was.
that cop was itching for a reason to escalate the situation.

i have been in that situation myself before, pulled over for no front plate. just an excuse to fish for anything else.

let that and other cops like him burn. i am personally sick of being harassed by cops like that. i have even been prosecuted for unprovable crimes that i did not commit because of a crooked cop. just a few months back i spent $31k to try to defend myself from a malicious prosecution. My attorney suggested i take a plea deal, pretty hard to prove a cop with no camera and no witnesses is a liar.

how about the woman that "hung" herself in police custody? pulled over for failure to signal a lane change. cop did not like her attitude and took her to jail. if what i heard was correct, she was in jail for 3 days before her death. jail for 3 days for a failure to signal a lane change?

i have been pulled over by small town chicken chit cops for just about everything there is.
no front plate
dirty license plate
failure to signal lane change
not wearing a seat belt (59 ford did not come with them)
cracked windshield
out tail light
one dim headlight (working, but not full bright)
loud exhaust
making a 'u' turn (so sign prohibiting)

i was even pulled over once because the cops were told that i was someone else.

You sound like a CAREER Criminal to me!

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Back