Speaking of homemade gifts,,,,

RePete

I swore I wasn't going to mess with these GR hobby knives anymore due to the worsening arthritis in my hands but after my friend Lonny (he used to post here) offered to weld up a new rack to make hauling my canoe easier I ordered up a couple of more blades so I could give him one to show my appreciation.

Here's the one I gave Lonny.
The scales are figured walnut (thanks Rich) finished with Watco Danish oil.

While I was at it I did another one of their ripper blades.
I thought about keeping this one but I'll probably gift it too,,, or maybe use it for trading fodder. (Anybody have some spare Mini Mags laying around:)

My hands paid the price but the new rack was worth it.
Lonny teaches welding so it's no surprise that his work is first rate.

Before/after pic.

I got some American eagle high velocity round nose ammo!
tt1.gif

Repete, how much would you sell that ripper for? I bought one after I saw that nice one you had a year ago. Don't have any wood-working skills or tools so I basically butchered the scales. It has been sitting ever since.

Originally Posted By: RePete Money takes the fun out of life.
I'd rather just trade it for a brick of 36gr mini mags.

All I have is 200-40 grain Mini Mags, and 100-40 grain Remington HV golden bullets. 300 round total.

PM me if this will work.

Last edited:
Charlie, if you need/want some more Mini-Mags, let me know. We get them pretty regularly at Cabela's in the 300 rnd packs...I'm sure we could work a deal on something.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Charlie, if you need/want some more Mini-Mags, let me know. We get them pretty regularly at Cabela's in the 300 rnd packs...I'm sure we could work a deal on something.

Thanks Shane,,,, funny (or not so funny) part is that CCI is right here in Lewiston (I'm about 25mi up river) and we NEVER see any on the shelves.
I'm thinking about moving to another state so I can get some too.
frown.gif

They are dang hard to find in my neck of the woods. My two Ruger semi auto pistols love the things and I have a hard time keeping them fed.

Originally Posted By: Rich44Charlie
Those turned out great!! I'm glad you could put some of that scrap wood to good use.

Darn right I'm using it,, thanks again Rich.

Not only have I used it, but I sent some of it to another PM member over in CO. He did a couple with some of your birds eye maple that really look sharp.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: pahntr760Charlie, if you need/want some more Mini-Mags, let me know. We get them pretty regularly at Cabela's in the 300 rnd packs...I'm sure we could work a deal on something.

Thanks Shane,,,, funny (or not so funny) part is that CCI is right here in Lewiston (I'm about 25mi up river) and we NEVER see any on the shelves.
I'm thinking about moving to another state so I can get some too.
frown.gif

I will grab you a box next time i run across them. That or a couple/few 100 rnd boxes. Strangly, the Mini-Mags seem to come in most often over the rest. We do get quite a few Thunderturds, Golden bullets and the Winchester Xpert fairly regularly.

I've got plenty for my fall time squirrel chasing as of right now.

Back