stag accuracy issues

deerslyr1

So I have a stag model 6 with a timney trigger topped with nikon monarch scope that shot decent but I just couldn't deal with how heavy it was. So I sold my upper to a friend and bought a stag 3H upper. Put my same scope on it and now it won't hit the broad side of a barn! I shot federal 55 grain fmj and some 45 grain winchester v maxs...both resulted in groups 18-20" @ 100YDS. I don't know wear to begin. With the model 6 upper it easily shot 1" groups.... any suggestions?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: deerslyr1Scope was fine before I swapped uppers.... guess I'm gonna be calling stag

I'd make sure my mounts were GTG and try another scope any way. I've had them go away without warning and no apparent reason. I had two Leupolds go bad and a Vortex so it does happen.

Greg

I have had mounts that were not tightened in proper sequence according to mfg instructions. My fault for not following instructions. Rifle would not group or hold zero.
So I traded scopes and then found a shiny spot where the movement was due to improper assembly. When I torqued the rings according to directions I had no more such problems. I won't tell you who the mfg was because it was not their fault.

Last edited:
Ok so getting back to this....I went and bought a nikon p223 scope to try in place of my nikon monarch....guess what....no good! Best group I can get is maybe 16-18" @ 100yds...here's a pic!this was done off a solid Steady bench

So I emailed stag and they told me to send the upper in. I did they had it for about 2 weeks . They emailed me saying that they couldn't find anything wrong but they replaced the barrel and upper reciever anyway. I got it back last Friday I still haven't had a chance to try it. In the email they told me if it doesn't fix the issue I should look at my optics...?? Which I did.
Should I be worried? Gonna try it again sunday

Originally Posted By: deerslyr1 In the email they told me if it doesn't fix the issue I should look at my optics...?? Which I did.
Should I be worried? Gonna try it again sunday

you should not be worried about anything until you shoot it sunday.

I shot some 45,55 and 62 out of it originally.....made no difference they were all over . Hopefully what stag did took care of the issue.

Back