TBAC ULTRA 9 VS SAS ARBITER VID's

Per the video, my opinion would be inline with what the other two gentlemen said because I could hear no discernible difference between the two.

Curious, did you by chance ever shoot both cans on the same gun and if so what was the difference in POI when shooting the same loads??

I would say the one on the left by the absolute smallest margin, but they are virtually the same and I don't believe in ties so that may have swayed my opinion.

I can tell you with absolute 100% certainty that you can not tell the difference in db simply by watching or listening to the video. I uploaded the clip directly into both my video and audio editing software and both suppressed gunshots peg out the audio on your camera which means they are both louder than the max recordable levels your camera can capture.

THAT SAID.
You MIGHT be able to determine a difference in tone, and perceive that tone change as a db reduction. It's not, but it could be perceived as such.

The next time you make a video, simply reduce your audio capture levels to a point where both capture audio at their max peak. OR, move the camera far enough away so that the muzzle report doesn't crest your audio recording capability.

If you really want to know how they compare you need to shoot them yourselves. Videos are not the way to do it. Sound signature can be skewed by tone. Tone can be more pleasant to one ear but not to another.

Not to mention everything sounds loud under all that steel or wood. In the wide open prairie everything sounds quiet.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERIf you really want to know how they compare you need to shoot them yourselves. Videos are not the way to do it. Sound signature can be skewed by tone. Tone can be more pleasant to one ear but not to another.

Not to mention everything sounds loud under all that steel or wood. In the wide open prairie everything sounds quiet.
smile.gif

I agree, but people want Vid's and so there you go.
I was surprised by how close they actually where in Sound.
The Tone is almost identical, as well as sound reduction.
That Said i have not had time to to POI or Accuracy testing on the Ultra, The first groups i shot were not impressive.
Next week I'll be shooting it again to test both.
The Arbiter by SAS was great, accuracy was great, poi minimal.
This was done to just show the people a no biased test. I don't have a meter, if any manufactures want to loan me one, I'll gladly re-do the testing.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERIf you really want to know how they compare you need to shoot them yourselves. Videos are not the way to do it. Sound signature can be skewed by tone. Tone can be more pleasant to one ear but not to another.

smile.gif

I agree, but people want Vid's and so there you go.
I was surprised by how close they actually where in Sound.
The Tone is almost identical, as well as sound reduction.
That Said i have not had time to to POI or Accuracy testing on the Ultra, The first groups i shot were not impressive.
Next week I'll be shooting it again to test both.
The Arbiter by SAS was great, accuracy was great, poi minimal.
This was done to just show the people a no biased test. I don't have a meter, if any manufactures want to loan me one, I'll gladly re-do the testing.

Don't recall anyone here asking for videos but since you are taking requests.
smile.gif

How about a SAS Barricade against any of the ultras or even the 30p-1 on the same weapons you just shot in the last video that way I can get a iphone perspective of what I can be expecting while I impatiently wait on my form 3 to get approved.
smile.gif

If it is as good as you say it is, I will predict that it will be the next hot thing for the 6 and 6.5 calibers. I am really looking forward to getting it in hand and testing it myself.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71I'll post the a vid of 30P and Barricade, When i can get back to the range I'll do Ultra and Barricade.

Sweet...

From the video that barricade is pretty impressive esp since it is only 6.2 inches long vs 30p-1 at 9 inches. Can't wait to put it on the end of a couple of my weapons.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERFrom the video that barricade is pretty impressive esp since it is only 6.2 inches long vs 30p-1 at 9 inches. Can't wait to put it on the end of a couple of my weapons.

The SAS Barricade has NO equal in the 6, 6.5mm class at any price or manufacture, PERIOD.

I know that's a bold statement but it absolutely is the truth.

I've been shooting SAS cans for many years and have known that the 30P is a good precision can, it absolutely is not on the same level as the Arbitor. In fact the new Ultra 9 is just now caught up on decibel reduction to the decade old Arbitor!

The same for the Reaper that's been around for almost four years vs. the new Ultra 7.

TBAC has done a great job at marketing and make a decent product but there absolutely is better or comparable stuff out there....

I have ultra 7's on the way, I'll do a side by side test again with one and a Reaper.

The Barricade is by far the best 6.5 cal Suppressor on the market. My Demo is on the way, can't wait to get it back and shoot more.

Tim does great work and is a stand up guy.
I have a CZ455 Integrally suppressed barrel coming, Can't wait to try it out. 16"s of suppressed death for Varmints. I have been told it will be insanely accurate.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71
I have a CZ455 Integrally suppressed barrel coming, Can't wait to try it out. 16"s of suppressed death for Varmints. I have been told it will be insanely accurate.

Which rimfire will this be chambered in?

How do they compare, with regard to noise suppression, to the good thread on style cans, better, worse, about the same????

The CZ integral that I shot a bunch is absolutely the quietest .22 I've ever heard. I own the new SAS Tolerance and it does a great job but the integral is amazing. I think I have a video of me shooting the integral, I'll see if I can find it.

Originally Posted By: B23How do they compare, with regard to noise suppression, to the good thread on style cans, better, worse, about the same????

The ones i have shot are STUPID QUIET. I shot AWC, Thompson Machine, and YHM ones.
Biggest issue was they sucked for accuracy. Tim at SAS has that fixed, so quiet, light, and accurate, SIGN ME UP!!!!

Back